Removing locking hitch pin when key is lost. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I lost the key to my hitch pin and was not excited as the key was the round style.

So my tech had a great idea based on the vibrating tumbler shaker used in all the spy movies, so he hit it with an air hammer on the rod end, all for about 3 seconds.

Ill be damned when the lock end shot off the pin.

:clap::clap::clap:

Shane
DSC_1300.jpg
DSC_1301.jpg
DSC_1302.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not surprised. A few years ago I bought an enclosed four place snowmobile trailer and four of the heaviest duty Master pad locks I could find ($60.00 bucks each) two for each door. I then went sledding, at the end of the day I realized I had locked my keys in the trailer, duh. One fellow in the parking area came over with a battery powered zip cutting wheel (cost under $100.00) and cut two of the locks off in under two minutes for each lock.

Locks are truly for honest people.

if the round style key is like those old style Kryptonite bike locks, they say a bic pen will open any of them..

there was a big recall I guess, people selling bic pens on ebay as universal bike lock keys.

4 inch angle grinder

with a cut off wheel

I used a blue tip wrench on mine a couple of weeks ago.

I've cut two off that had rusted to the point of the key no longer working. Have to try the air hammer next time.

I've had two of those style that wouldn't open after being locked and left on a vehicle for some time. A couple of blows from a hammer on the key end and they just snapped in two no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom