Recommended Driveshaft Shop in KC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a recommended driveshaft shop in KC. I have an extra set of shafts for my 80 and have purchased new toyota u joints. Would like to have them pressed and the shafts balanced. I have heard Inland Truck Parts & Service is good. Thoughts?

Zane

Thought there was one downtown i had used years ago. grumpy guy in the driveshaft shop from my recollection. he hated toyota driveshafts or at least shortening them.

That would be Ivan. they move the downtown location to the south side of Worlds of fun. I have never been to the KS shop, don't know if they do shafts or send them to the MO shop.

it's been about 12 years but the south side shop did shafts back then.

I've had Ivan make custom shafts many times all with good results. On my last project I chose to use the Olathe location for convenience and seemed to do just fine.

My IH8MUD research seems to indicate I may have a bad u-joint in my LX470. If I want to have those replaced, should I just take it to Inland and have them source the parts? Or would you go ahead and buy the parts from Lexus and take them with the drive shaft?

Any local shop can do U joints. Not sure that ranks up to an inland thing.

Anybody with a vise and a hammer local shop can do U joints. Not sure that ranks up to an inland thing.
Fixed it for you.

You can borrow a press from most local parts places. Mike did a couple in a few hours a while ago. There is a process that makes it easy to do, just youtube it.

Thanks Craig. I haven't pulled the driveshaft yet to confirm that's my problem. But when I do I'll give you a shout.

Big cutting wheel on a grinder, cut old joint out tap caps thru. Makes instal a breeze. Smelly but kinda fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom