Recommendations for Shipping a 100 cross country (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, finally got a 100 series. Grey on grey 03 w/123 K miles. Pretty jacked. Anyways, does anyone have a shipper that they recommend. I'm in the california the vehicle is in Massachusets so driving is out of the question. Let me know

Last edited:
Just purchased an 06 myself and paid 1330.00 open trailer. from NC to AZ. Used Montway after a search online. They appear to be a broker of sorts but are highly rated by consumers. You pay them a fee (mine was 200.00) and the rest goes directly to the driver upon delivery. I emailed them Monday, had an initial response and quote within minutes, paid and had confirmation within the business day, then had a scheduled pick up and delivery date within 12 hours. Truck will be picked up in NC on the 27th and be in AZ on the 2nd or 3rd.

Hope this helps.

Just purchased an 06 myself and paid 1330.00 open trailer. from NC to AZ. Used Montway after a search online. They appear to be a broker of sorts but are highly rated by consumers. You pay them a fee (mine was 200.00) and the rest goes directly to the driver upon delivery. I emailed them Monday, had an initial response and quote within minutes, paid and had confirmation within the business day, then had a scheduled pick up and delivery date within 12 hours. Truck will be picked up in NC on the 27th and be in AZ on the 2nd or 3rd.

Hope this helps.

You're fishing in my pond :)
(i.e. I live in N.C.)

I had my 2002 LX shipped from Santa Barbara, California to Advance, N.C. last March.
I used Phoenix Freight, open trailer. My LX arrived without any damage.
Had to pay driver the fee in cash.
Delivery was not to my house - instead I met the driver in a parking lot at a nearby supermarket.

Hi, I just purchased an 04 LX470 in Plano, TX. I live in Honolulu, HI. A bit of a haul, I would say. I used Executive Autoshippers. They are a broker but they come highly recommended from friends. The price was very fair and so far so good. They worked with Matson shipping in Long Beach, CA to get me a good rate. Very prompt communication and they answer all questions. The LX470 is still in transit at the moment so time will tell how it all works out in the end.

Hi, I just purchased an 04 LX470 in Plano, TX. I live in Honolulu, HI. A bit of a haul, I would say. I used Executive Autoshippers. They are a broker but they come highly recommended from friends. The price was very fair and so far so good. They worked with Matson shipping in Long Beach, CA to get me a good rate. Very prompt communication and they answer all questions. The LX470 is still in transit at the moment so time will tell how it all works out in the end.

Wow, I bet that was expensive because it had to be trucked and shipped.
How long is the estimated delivery?

Wow, I bet that was expensive because it had to be trucked and shipped.
How long is the estimated delivery?

The overland portion is 3-4 days and must arrive before Wednesday in order to make Matson's Saturday sailing otherwise you wait another week. The overland portion takes 10-12 days. It wasn't cheap, $1700 total, but inventory in Hawaii is horrible. The Toyota/Lexus dealers don't stock Land Cruisers...you have to special order. As a result, the aren't many on the used market. The ones that are decent are usually overpriced and come up rarely and the rest are rusted out.

The overland portion is 3-4 days and must arrive before Wednesday in order to make Matson's Saturday sailing otherwise you wait another week. The overland portion takes 10-12 days. It wasn't cheap, $1700 total, but inventory in Hawaii is horrible. The Toyota/Lexus dealers don't stock Land Cruisers...you have to special order. As a result, the aren't many on the used market. The ones that are decent are usually overpriced and come up rarely and the rest are rusted out.

That is not bad price considering it requires trucking and sailing.
I paid $1,100 to get my LX shipped from California to North Carolina and it took 2 weeks.
The estimate was 7-10 days but the truck broke down in Texas and they had to get another rig.

Double recommend Aaron at summit. Have used him reliably twice.

Been a member here since 2009.

Generally it is not cost effective to transport a vehicle 3000 miles cross country.

At lease - in a manner that will ensure it arrives in the condition it left in.

Best bet is to drive it yourself.

Next best - trailer it yourself.

Can't do that - hire someone who actually does the hauling to pick it up
and bring it directly to you ....

Jim

FullSizeRender (35).jpg

Wrangler.jpg

FullSizeRender (31).jpg

Are those airbags on the front of that Rover?

I tend to haul nicer rigs that people want arriving in the condition they left.

" That Rover " is a rare 1963 Land Rover original 4 cylinder diesel short station wagon two owner survivor.

I hauled it from Florida to New Hampshire to have the front bulkhead replaced.

Those are water jugs on the front.

Maybe you have another joke to make about this one ...

Bronco .jpg

Jim

@Pucker5 I saw that LC listed locally and thought it was a good price. Assuming you're buying sight unseen, hope you had someone look at it for you especially the underside and tail gate? Our New England rigs love to rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom