Recommend a Cruiser Mechanic in your area (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Depends on what you mean by NorCal. For Central Valley you can look no further than Georg at ValleyHybrid in Stockton (@otangefj45) then there is Mudrak in Sonoma and one other I cannot think of off hand.

Depends on what you mean by NorCal. For Central Valley you can look no further than Georg at ValleyHybrid in Stockton (@otangefj45) then there is Mudrak in Sonoma and one other I cannot think of off hand.

Thanks for the info. I just emailed Georg and he responded back immediately.

If you are traveling and in the ventura California area and need help give me a text 805 8579849 I'm not a certified Toyota mechanic but l have been fixing landcruises since 1989 so if you are stranded and need help send a text. and I'll try to help.

If you need a cruiser mechanic in San Francisco. I highly recommend Waylan at The Toy Shop on geary street. He is knowledgeable, honest and goes above and beyond. He's worked on my 60 and my brothers 80.

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the north county San Diego area? Here's the deal, my truck has a swapped 454 big block w/ CA BAR sticker (stock 4spd/stock t-case). I bought the truck about a year ago and before i purchased the truck it had been sitting for quite some time. The truck runs healthy from what i can tell and i haven't had any issues with it so far. But it is starting to sound like i may have a bearing going out on one of the pulleys and a few other small issues id like to have addressed. I'm sure some seals are bad. I'm not all that savvy with engine mechanics.
I'm not really looking for a so called LC mechanic but one that can go through the engine in my truck and address any of the issues i may be having and make sure this beast is ready for some long trips.

I see Darrel Jones is mentioned in another thread and hes in my area, any other recommendations?

Thanks!

for those guys who live in Costa Rica:
Juaquin Quesada (quincho) very goood mechanic with a lot of experience modifiying and repairing Land cruisers and also a great diesel engine mechanic as well. phone is (506) 83834780, I hope is usefull to you.

Georg isan honest guy highly recommend him.

Additional strong recommendation on Georg. He has worked on our 40, 60, and 62 series. Honest and often a voice of reason for me on our projects, making sure we are spending money wisely on the cruisers and getting the best bang for our buck.

Looking for a mechanic in the Las Vegas, Nevada area. I live in Summerlin. I have an FJ62 that needs a little bit of mechanical and cosmetic work. Anybody know someone out here? Thanks!

I normally don't like to down someone, but wanted to squeeze it in 2015 so I don't start the new year on a bad note. But based off of this list here, I found Georg, and that was great. After my work with Georg, I wanted to get some minor accessorizing done to the rig and figured I could go somewhere closer, which is why I referenced this list and reached out to Alex at Planet Auto. Won't go into details, but wasted 4 hours. They do not know how to communicate with each other nor their customers. Alex showed up late after I left and never bothered to apologize but had the nerve to curse me out. Just a s*** show of a day. Can't speak of their work nor will I slander them, but man, he is an even bigger a****** than me...and that is saying a lot....Happy New Year!

If anyone is looking for a really good and reliable mechanic in the dfw area, call Jesse. His shop is called autos and cruisers located on 10944 Grissom, suite 728 and his phone number is 9724840079. He is a really nice little old man who definitely knows his stuff and his pricing is reasonable.

I've reviewed the thread and am hoping somebody new has a good fj62 mechanic in Orange County. Preferably Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach , laguna beach area. I just bought an 89 fj62 two weeks ago. Runs good but needs somebody to go through it. Plugs, belts, hoses, brakes. There has to be somebody good local. My fj sat for 2 years so needs some love. Not sure any old mechanic will treat her right.

Anyone know of any cruiser mechanics in flagstaff Arizona? Karma is gone, now in Houston.

Has there been any changes in the Charlotte, NC area? Are there any reputable cruiser mechanics in that area that someone has used or someone knows about? Thanks in advance.

Lots of travelling cruiserheads and many new owners would like to locate a reliable mechanic in their area, or know who to go to if they have a problem on the road.

It has been suggested that we try to establish a sticky thread for people to make personal recommendations for a mechanic they know well and with whom have done business.

Please provide:

City (or County) & STATE
Name of Mechanic
Phone number

Let's try to get some solid recommendations for our brother (and sister) Cruiserheads.

Mike S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom