Recommend a Cruiser Mechanic in your area (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Atlanta Custom Creations take Land Cruisers Seriously.

I can second the recommendation for Atlanta Custom Creations.
I have waited a year to make this recommendation just to be sure.

These guys take Land Cruiser seriously.
They did a transfer case for me and is working fine
They also got my engine running better than it ever has. It starts better and they got rid of that flat spot around 2500 that it has had since it was new. Cold and hot starts are much better.

One of their mechanics made a mistake while they were doing the transfer case and they not only took care of everything but they completely dolled up the engine powder coating all sorts of things under the hood in black and in a blue that matches my paint. It looks like some kind of show truck now. Talking about going the extra mile, these guys went the extra 5 miles.

I will definitely go back for any major work or upgrade I need.

Last edited:
I followed the consolodated link, looks like CA has some serious Land Cruiser fever. Maybe it's just a big ass state.

How about Hawaii?? Not expecting anything crazy, but just a trust worthy mechanic on Oahu that has some familiarity with LC's...

Looking for a good mechanic in Central Ohio. Hard to believe in a state this large there is no local cruiser chapter that could be leaned on for a recommendation.....-Thanks!

G8DaneCruiser said:
Looking for a good mechanic in Central Ohio. Hard to believe in a state this large there is no local cruiser chapter that could be leaned on for a recommendation.....-Thanks!

TLC Performance with Jim Chenoweth is definitely the place to go if you're in Ohio. He's FJ40Jim here on mud, nothing but great reviews. Really nice guy too, he checked out my truck for me when I couldn't fly up to Ohio to see it for myself.

Reliable honest mechanic - arcadia, ca

Reliable Honest Mechanic
Konto (owner) & Heru (mech)
900 W Duarte Rd.
Arcadia, CA 91007
local cities: Pasadena, Alhambra, Monrovia, Duarte

Where? | In Valero gas station, across the st. from 99 Ranch Market

Why? | Although these guys are listed as general auto mechanics, I was referred to them cuz they own & build Landcruisers, FJ60 (sold) & UZJ100. These guys are Indonesian. Why is this important? cuz Indos are big hunting & off-road fanatics!!! Does the Rainforest Challenge ring a bell?

What was done? | Brakes, calipers & re-geared to 4.88's.

Cheers,
Jonathan

thanks for this info , i have been going to VA to get my 80 worked on and i just picked up a 60

I found a good shop that does nice work, and knows Cruisers, in Westchester County up in Buchanan. They did an awesome job on my custom exhaust, and they know their way around LC's;

Gallon Measure
Buchanan, NY

Name sounds funny, but that's it!

Nick

ran across your repair info from just about a year ago on a 2001 Chrysler PT. Hear´s my question, after checking all the ground, power, 8V output, 5V signal I have found that as soon as the Cam signal switches my 8V power drops to about 3V on the ECU all test with disconnected Cam and Speed Sensor. Could it be that I have a blown ECU?

Make (manufacturer): Chrysler
Model: PT / Cruiser
Year: 1995
Engine (optional): 2.0ltr.
What have you tried so far? (optional): Pin out ECU with test on power,ground, 8V out 5V sig, 5V sig to TPS, MAP and Air Flow
-----------------------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

For all you Albertns, high river toyota is the place to go. A old guy there (Caint remember his name) took the original 3b engine course in the 70s. Knows the ins and outs of every 3b problem and has a fix. I know it's factory pricing but he is super good.

In Utah County, The Cruiser Barn.
Uglyoinker and Alaska60, PM them on this forum.
They can do just about anything; they are meticulous, very reasonable, and honest. They do engine conversions, maintenance, axles, brakes, body work, just about anything very well and cleanly.

New FJ62 need some advice

I just purchased a 89 FJ62, my first cruiser but 7th Toyota 4X4, I am very capable when it comes to working on these old 4 wheelers ( I also owned a CJ2A) but am looking for a good source for used parts in the Atlanta area, can anyone lead me in the right direction?
Thanks.

3Ke3N43Hf5Nf5Lb5I9d5c2d305d7bad7b1e99.jpg

Anybody know of a good mechanic in the Bryan/College Station, TX area?

Georg Esterer (orangefj45)
Valley Hybrids
Stockton, CA
650-576-2023
orangefj45@sbcglobal.net

Can't recommend him enough!

Senter
Olovska 8
71000 Sarajevo
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Europe
Adnan and Nesho are the men. Highly recommended. The rest I've met around here are either crooked, lazy or don't have a clue, or all of it.

Barron Automotive
Warrigal Rd Cheltenham Vic 3192
03 9555 9596
+61 country code but seems silly to call him from O/S - shipping may cost many times the repair bill!

Sent from my GT-I9505

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom