Received my truck today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WOW

I would be interested to know what they did for the rear o2 sensors since there are no cats.

They may have gone with a bung extender to trick the sensor. that's how we did it with Honda track cars.

s-l1000.jpg

They may have gone with a bung extender to trick the sensor. that's how we did it with Honda track cars.

s-l1000.jpg

Marketed as a "spark plug defouler", pulls the O2 out of the exhaust stream, causing it to read as though the cat is still there and properly functioning.

I was wondering how well those work. Thinking of, gasp, doing a delete, so trying to sort through all the options the search function provided. :flipoff2:

enjoy your "new" truck :bounce:

Any idea what size lift is on your 80? Looks great man, I wanted a green LX but I got the 2nd best color ;)

Any idea what size lift is on your 80? Looks great man, I wanted a green LX but I got the 2nd best color ;)

No idea, I see OME shocks and stabilizer under the truck so I am guessing it's some sort of OME springs, I want to get under there to see if I can find some of the tags to give me an idea. I quickly measured center of hub to top of fender on the front and rear and I have between 23-24 inches on the front and 24.5 to 25.5 inches on the rear. I have a feeling the springs are swapped, because it leans to the driver side but I also want to get rid of the stink bug look

Last edited:
No idea, I see OME shocks and stabilizer under the truck so I am guessing it's some sort of OME springs, I want to get under there to see if I can find some of the tags to give me an idea. I quickly measured center of hub to top of fender on the front and rear and I have between 23-24 inches on the front and 24.5 to 25.5 inches on the rear. I have a feeling the springs are swapped, because it leans to the driver side but I also want to get rid of the stink bug look

It's definitely not stock height. What size are those tires? I was thinking taller than 285s, but maybe not. If they are 285s, then I'd guess it's the 2.5 inch lift.

The stink bug is because it's so empty. Noted in the other thread you're anticipating sliders. I wouldn't worry about the stinkbug until you get those one and whatever else might add weight in the back, then consider what's needed to adjust. If you end up level from that, you'll be low with a load added to the rear.

I agree your lean is most likely the coils are on the wrong side.

It's definitely not stock height. What size are those tires? I was thinking taller than 285s, but maybe not. If they are 285s, then I'd guess it's the 2.5 inch lift.

The stink bug is because it's so empty. Noted in the other thread you're anticipating sliders. I wouldn't worry about the stinkbug until you get those one and whatever else might add weight in the back, then consider what's needed to adjust. If you end up level from that, you'll be low with a load added to the rear.

I agree your lean is most likely the coils are on the wrong side.

Its on 315s, the lift is definitely higher than 2.5, I think it may even be higher than 4 due to how light the truck is. I don't plan on doing a rear bumper or anything, may add a spare to the interior but don't think I will ever weigh the back down more then 100lbs. I will add the sliders and swap the springs between the sides and see where I sit.

OK, 315s make sense. I'd say a 4", but could be more. Best way to tell if more is looking at whether the front control arms are not factory. Yours I think are Toyota, but not the best angle so you could probably tell that better than me from here. The Slee 4" kit comes with a D/C front DS, but a higher lift than that almost always requires something different up front, plus you said looks like OME all around.

Cruiser Outfitters shows list of components at this link that may help you sort this out.
Cruiser Outfitters

If you're not adding or planning on much more weight, then be sure and choose new coils with an eye on their rated or added capacity, not just lift. Lot's of options, but I'm no guru on lifts. Our truck sits on OME stock height coils to get in the garage.:hurting:

I have a feeling it's a J spring kit but with bushings instead of plates for caster (and it's not enough, picking up stock control arms and plates) and due to how light the truck is the rear end sits really high. But you are right, I will wait until I put on the sliders, hoping I can swap out the springs too to see if that gets rid of the lean. I am going to look for part numbers this weekend on the springs.

If/when I switch out springs, I am thinking that I should get a medium for the rear.

Get it level side to side and with the weight you anticipate carrying, then measure for the springs and order with someone who knows their suspensions and won't try to talk you into something you don't want with a lightly loaded truck. Otherwise, you'll be jacked up but miserable with the ride. Obviously, your fellow forum members are standing by to offer their insights, too, as you plan.

This doesn't mean you'll be in a pinch if you do end up needing to carry a load. Properly installed, air bags in the rear springs will keep you level and have no penalty when not needed to carry the extra load. You want a little air in them to hold there position and avoid undue wear, but when aired down you'll still have your normal ride. Air bags are as much about maintained ride height/driveline angles in the 80 as they are about carrying extra weight, so keeping this in mind will help you think out exactly how you want to set things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom