Received my truck today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did not get a chance to really go over the truck as I was heading to work this morning but the car carrier dropped off my newly acquired LX450 this morning. Unfortunately the dealer did not put a temp tag on it so I was not able to drive it to work, just around back to the garage.

I need to figure out how to fix the driver window from shaking when I make it go up. Also already ordered 4 Polk speakers as the aftermarket ones that are in there are half way falling out, missing grills, and actually one is just plain ol missing. Would also love to recover the headliner as that is the dirtiest part about the interior. It was on a car carrier so I looked under the truck and was very happy there there is no rust anywhere, looks great under there. I will snap some more pics and play around with it a little more when I get home from work...

IMG_20151124_083356_zpsrakgfrqf.jpg

IMG_20151124_083401_zpsvvgtrwwh.jpg

IMG_20151124_081537_zpsssu6rcze.jpg

IMG_20151124_081335_zpsbxdjhxiw.jpg

Great find! That looks to be in great shape.

I wish mine looked like that underneath....!

One other thing that I already knew from the pictures is the front bumper is pushed in slightly, perfectly in the middle, hoping to maybe put a 2 by 4 behind the crease and push it back out, its only pushed in about an inch but hoping to straighten it out and than trim it up.

Yeah looks very clean, nice find. What did they put on for caster correction?

That's not going to fit in your garage, is it? Looks like a really sharp truck, congrats!

I did not get a chance to really go over the truck as I was heading to work this morning but the car carrier dropped off my newly acquired LX450 this morning. Unfortunately the dealer did not put a temp tag on it so I was not able to drive it to work, just around back to the garage.

I need to figure out how to fix the driver window from shaking when I make it go up. Also already ordered 4 Polk speakers as the aftermarket ones that are in there are half way falling out, missing grills, and actually one is just plain ol missing. Would also love to recover the headliner as that is the dirtiest part about the interior. It was on a car carrier so I looked under the truck and was very happy there there is no rust anywhere, looks great under there. I will snap some more pics and play around with it a little more when I get home from work...

IMG_20151124_083356_zpsrakgfrqf.jpg

IMG_20151124_083401_zpsvvgtrwwh.jpg

IMG_20151124_081537_zpsssu6rcze.jpg

IMG_20151124_081335_zpsbxdjhxiw.jpg
Looks good man, I know a guy who knows a guy...anyway, had my headliner completely replaced in a days time for a good price. The guy also does body and paint work, actually fixed my bumper for me. PM if interested.

Looks great, I know you are excited!

I don't want to rain on anything, but it appears they sprayed the underneath and rockers, as they didn't get all the tape off in the second picture.

Same color as mine, and no amount of spray could make mine look that good though.

Congrats!

I don't want to rain on anything, but it appears they sprayed the underneath and rockers, as they didn't get all the tape off in the second picture.

Same color as mine, and no amount of spray could make mine look that good though.

Congrats!
I was wondering if anyone was thinking what I was thinking.

the whole truck has a new paint job on it, I have a feeling that they oversprayed on that side and tried to fix it as the other side is not sprayed but original, I saw that too when I got under the truck after work, good catch

Love that color...:bounce:

Here is the side that hasn't been touched up...

IMG_20151125_082826_zpst2j4bpys.jpg

IMG_20151125_082833_zpsggvhtwf3.jpg

IMG_20151125_082858_zpsvnwejk76.jpg

I get off work early today so hoping to actually get a good look at the truck as i normally come home from work and its already dark

Apparently not a California truck by the looks of the exhaust system...

Actually it's been in Florida from 97 to 14 and in arizona for the last year :)

my 2003 Viper with 5900 miles on it has an exhaust that looks more rusty than this one so I am okay lol

Oh, it looks good. Just no cats, but probably didn't matter in FL or AZ.

No harm, no foul:angelic:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom