Rebuilding Aisin locking hub Locking hub rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

when I go to toyota parts they say there is no part with that number....43531-60010

??

Either the number has been superseded by a new number, or your parts guy doesn't know how to work the machine... You can have them look it up by application....
Hub.jpg

Either the number has been superseded by a new number, or your parts guy doesn't know how to work the machine... You can have them look it up by application....

I went to 5-6 online toyota parts sites...None have that number. Contacting the stealership might be the thing to do. Don't know. Stupidity is an epidemic these days....

Toyota Parts - Factory Original OEM
Toyota Parts - ToyotaPartsCenter.net
http://toyotaparts123.com/

are a few...................

I did find them at an Austrailian parts site. Don't think I'll be using that one.

Something so simple as a gasket!

Why didn't I buy a Ford a Chevy or even a Dodge?? NEver EVER have I had such a fiasco trying to get parts for an old truck and when and IF I find them I have to take another loan at the bank..

I hate to be negative but good gosh! I thought Toyota was "THE" truck to have. I have had more trouble getting parts and info than I have had with all my other trucks combined. Used to be if I needed a part I went and got one from parts house, or if I had to, a salvage yard. If you go to a salvage yard looking for Toyota parts you get the same smirk anywhere ya go. It's like trying to find gold nuggets in an outhouse. If you go to a parts house you get the "that's gonna cost you" look.

Why are they like this?

\\\

first thanks for the help

Second. may I ask where you got the exploded pts image?

I'd love yo have one. As the place that has the gasket I need has no index for pts for my truck. If I readily had the views and numbers I could order stuff. For example. Oil filter. And several other pts and for future ref.

A lot of things [john deere tractors] have an online cat at their sites where you can look through the parts and find the number you [just like the image you posted.

Thanks again!

hey my 93 toyota 4x4 has a rattle in the hub over cracks in the road but when i lock the hubs the rattle stops . you can actually make it rattle by hitting your hand sharply against the tire then lock and it stops. do you you know what would cause that ? lack of grease ?

Well, if the IFS is set up like the solid axles ....

Inside the spindle there is a brass bushing that wears out. In 2WD the axle shaft can bounce around and rattle. Locking the hub makes the axle turn, and not rattle.

So, my guess is the bushing needs to be replaced. But, somebody with IFS experience will need to confirm that.

Oh, and welcome to MUD ... :flipoff2:

Aisin hubs

Hi mate
I have a 100 series landcruiser with manual locking hubs (AISIN).
Originally i couldn't select lock as the dial would only move 3/4 the way around. I pulled the locking mech off, cleaned it,fumbled around a bit. Then put it back together. Took it for a drive and noticed a clicking/scraping sound coming from the wheel. Any suggestions?
What are the consequences of incorrectly placing the lock mech in differently?
Would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Sounds like the hub is not fully engaging, and may be rubbing on the inner splines. I would pull the face plate off again, and make sure that the dial will turn all the way from free to lock. if it won't, then you need to find out why. If it will, turn the dial to free, then make sure the springs and gear are turned to the spot where they are in against the hub face as close as they go, then try reinstalling. Good luck, and let us know what you find! :cheers:

thank you!

thanks! pics and descriptions were great! people like you are the reason why these forums are so awesome! you would never find help like this included in any repair manual! i have an 85 pickup and rebuilt the front end last weekend, my first time doing it, i think it mostly came out ok except that the locker and springs exploded on me, thanks to you i got em put back together correctly!

-ben

Thanks a lot for the pictures! really appreciate the effort you took to help others.
My friend has a hj60 with the left side hub close to the free position but obviously not correct.
Will try later what is going on, the pictures will help for sure!

6mx1.0 is the size. I don't recall how long, though the part number suggest 24mm.

thanks for this thread, i under-educatedly took my hubs apart when replacing the bearings when i first got my 86 4Runner and kinda just slapped them back together and greased the piss out of them. ...im learning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom