Rebuild a power Steering pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys im looking into getting my power steering pump rebuilt dose anyone have a guy or know of a shop that i can mail it to to get it rebuilt?

This topic is discussed over and over. Do a search. There should be enough reading material there to keep you busy.

Spoiler Alert: They aren't really rebuildable...

I rebuilt mine and it has been going strong for 2 years now. It's not difficult, it just requires a bit of attenton and patience when reinstalling the spring loaded shoes.

I have a good one laying around. Less than 10k miles on it from new, I just don't have a 2f anymore thank God....

There's nothing else to really rebuild, just seals. The bushings are not replaceable.

And there in lies the problem. The bushing, which is a wear item, is not replaceable. Many people, including me, tried either rebuilding or buying a rebuilt unit only to have them leak in a year or two. Spector doesn't even sell rebuilt units, nor recommend rebuilding, due to the bushings not being replaceable. Either go new Toyota or Saginaw. JMHO.

I think Georg is very close to releasing his sag conversation kit, which sounds like a direct bolt in solution.
Anymore info on this, can you tag the member maybe. One thing I like about new cars is the direct feel of the steering, all the 60s ive owned have had a little play, would be awesome to have one that had no play at all, even if it costs me a few days and 600 bucks!!

how much would you be selling that for?

I don't know, I've never tried selling it. You must have an idea of value, make me an offer! I'd probably let it go cheap to a fellow mud member.

Flat rate box I would assume?

I don't know, I've never tried selling it. You must have an idea of value, make me an offer! I'd probably let it go cheap to a fellow mud member.

Flat rate box I would assume?
id be willing to pay about $50 for it, plus the shipping. By the way i notice on your photo yours has an inter cooler on your yota what type of engine are you running with what kind of turbo?

id be willing to pay about $50 for it, plus the shipping. By the way i notice on your photo yours has an inter cooler on your yota what type of engine are you running with what kind of turbo?

50 bucks sounds good to me.

Fortunately, my 2f decided to start knocking. Left me with a great excuse to swap in a 6 cyl. mitsubishi 4.9 liter mechanical turbo diesel.

Ive since adapted a cummins 6.7 vgt turbo to it, but not so much variable on the geometry part. It's just held back by a spring.

Got an address? I could get some pics for you if desired. I can only go by what the PO told me about it but it sure looks newer than 1985!

50 bucks sounds good to me.

Fortunately, my 2f decided to start knocking. Left me with a great excuse to swap in a 6 cyl. mitsubishi 4.9 liter mechanical turbo diesel.

Ive since adapted a cummins 6.7 vgt turbo to it, but not so much variable on the geometry part. It's just held back by a spring.

Got an address? I could get some pics for you if desired. I can only go by what the PO told me about it but it sure looks newer than 1985!
yea just send me some pics via my phone 254-855-9028. I'll message back on how I'll pay and such once I see that it looks well enough lol.

Nice I've been thinking about getting another 60 sometime down the line and either do a 12 or 24 valve cummins swap in, but as of late I've been really interested in a 2JZ JDM spec swap as for I haven't seen one on the forum and it would be pretty awesome to have a fast ass truck like that.

Someone put a 1jz in a 4runner so why not a landcruiser? One plus is fitment: should be left with plenty of space. Next could be mpg but nobody swaps a JZ for mileage!

Cummins is a lot of work. My radiator is NOT happy in 90+ degree weather. Hard to keep er cool, had to turn the heat on once...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom