Rear Wiper Arm and Car Wash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

screendoor

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi, I went through the car wash and my rear wiper got torn off and the wiper arm bent up. It looks like the rear wiper motor shaft is bent now as well. Can anyone tell by looking at this picture if the motor shaft is supposed to be at the angle that it is at? This is for a 2001 LX470. Thanks

x6oIRJ4.png

Does the wiper work?

image.jpeg

The wiper does work , though I don't know if it is off axis because I don't have a new wiper yet and I need a new arm. Thanks for posting the picture of yours.

Should've filed a report with the car wash immediately after (although you probably didn't even notice it until you got home). There was a soft-touch car wash in my area that I went through and it tore the spoiler off the rear. Filed a report and also used the security cam footage to back my story up, and 2 agonizing months later I was reimbursed for the cost of a new one. In hindsight I probably should've just pulled it and used the money for something else (like backup lights in its place) but they still paid for it. Maybe you could give it a shot and see what they will do if anything.

IMG_7999.jpg

I went back to the car wash and filed a report. They will said they will get back to me after looking at the camera footage. I am guessing they would replace the wiper arm fairly easily, but I am worried if the motor shaft is bent then it could cost a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom