Rear Tyre Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What about using cylinders that would work of off air pressure to slide the carrier back and forth. This way you could tap into an on board air source and flip a swith to move the carrier.

That could be good. I'm having enough trouble though trying to find oil hydraulics. Just imagine the fun I could have pushing that tyre out with a switch - when someone wants to over take me :eek:

Jim,
Please take note of who is and who isn't poking fun of British engineering.  ;)

I still think duct taping the spare to the bonnet might work. It would look goofy, but it would work.
-B-

You can all poke fun at British engineering all you like. As with most great inventions, we design it and you will improve it. Case in point - the jet engine. We invented it and then you put the after burner on it. Show off or what?!

Just to update. Scrappy Watson is keeping an eye out for just the right hydraulic ram and has asked me to go back in a week.

Cheers, Jim

You can all poke fun at British engineering all you like.

Cheers, Jim

OK! :D
Don't forget to put your Lucas 3 position switch on it, Dim, flicker and off.
It can't be pnuematic, it has to be hydraulic. As it is you have to be the only Brit with a clean garage floor. Or did they make you put a British dipstick in your cruiser - when it stops leaking add oil. :D

All in fun, of course. If we really want to get nasty, we would start talking about French vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom