Rear spoiler info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudmates,

I am looking for a rear spoiler for my 98 LX470(i have an add in the classifieds) but my question is are the spoilers compatable between the LX and the LC? If anyone has one that they want to sell please let me know. I have a UPS acct so shipping would be easy,

The style i am looking for is the black one that curles down in the back around the window.

TIA

TLC Dan
509-466-9587

I may have what you need, My 2000 LC has an LX hatch on it and the "wing" is still on the old hatch. I was gonna put it on my new hatch, but I could probably be convinced to part with it. How much you looking to pay? IIRC there is a small ding in it, I can take pics next time I am in the office. (Wednesday probably) Let me know if this is the thing you are looking for?

Hello Foplawyer,

the only reference i could find on the price was an add about 3 years ago offering to sell @ $30 i think. I thought thaat was a great deal. I would like to see a pic of yours(including the ding)

Does it look like this one?

Thanks

TLC Dan
spoiler2.jpg

That's what mine looks like. Let me know if you are interested and I can send the pic, IIRC the ding is a dime sized rub mark at one edge. Are these made of fiberglass or something? cause the rub is white where the surface is gone.

Should be aluminum, white primer maybe? Mine is missing, plugs where it screwed on. Wife has mentioned she'd like one, I keep meaning to make one for her.

Johan,

It may not be a work of art but to an engineer based mind it is beautiful. Not only does it increase fuel mileage w/ better aerodynamics (reducing the vacuum effect of trying to push a box thru the air) It also aids in keeping the back cleaner and the rear window clearer. I was on a Elk hunt last fall which was over 20 miles of dirt roads into camp and the whole back of my lx(including my cargo carrior full of cooler chests) was covered in a ton of dust setiment. I swear it was a 1/4 inch thick and a bioch to clean.

I have one on the way and look forward to it's function.

TLC Dan

Johan,

It may not be a work of art but to an engineer based mind it is beautiful. Not only does it increase fuel mileage w/ better aerodynamics (reducing the vacuum effect of trying to push a box thru the air) It also aids in keeping the back cleaner and the rear window clearer. I was on a Elk hunt last fall which was over 20 miles of dirt roads into camp and the whole back of my lx(including my cargo carrior full of cooler chests) was covered in a ton of dust setiment. I swear it was a 1/4 inch thick and a bioch to clean.

I have one on the way and look forward to it's function.

TLC Dan

your welcome! Btw, I am going to go to the ups store tomorrow to get it weighed, after my Statics final:bang:

I would be interested in one if anyone else has one they are not using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom