Rear mount winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone ever mounted a rearward facing winch on a 62. I have been thinking of fitting a 4500b winch in the rear bumper, not as a recovery winch but to help in small jobs. I have looked at the portable cradle but I want something that is always ready to go.

I believe that is one of the options for a 4x4 labs bumper. Not sure what you are running but it is doable.

Sammi, who has a tricked out FZJ80 has a rear winch just to pull down the rear suspension. He may be at Surf N Turf this year (Pismo Beach, Ca). Not sure where you live, not listed where I can see it.

Had a 55 Willys wagon with front and rear pto winch, when your stuck better to go back where you came from than to go foward into who knows what. Junior had one on the rear of his pickup great for pulling cars onto a trailer.

I'm currently chasing down a factory PTO that I'm considering situating on the rear. I had a factory PTO on mine and some of the hardware is still there for it. I've used my front mount winch to pull things onto a trailer in the past by running the cable under the car.

Certainly doable, I'd opt for a larger winch though, about the same amount of work. As @B Bear stated, pulling backward can really come in handy.

I put an #11000 winch on the back of my 60. I have my own built bumper but the winch is independent so
any rear bumper will do. I just mounted a horizontal plate to the top of the rear trailer hitch. I have a build thread below. Pics speak so here you go.

P1020917.JPG
P1020927.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom