Rear heater controls?! Am I missing something? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
After much research I finally found out that the "rear fan symbol" button on the climate control does not mean the rear A/C is on. It just means the rear floor heater is on. The rear upper vents work for AC only controlled by the ceiling rear thermostat. Ok. I got that. But while researching I noticed some LC's have a "rear heat hi/low" button. Mine only has the rear(fan symbol) button. I pulled off the blank button cover where the hi/low button might go and I can't really tell if anything was supposed to go. My question is, am I supposed to have that button or was that not an option yet in my 99? Any help would be great thanks!

My '98 controls looks just like yours with a blank panel over the second (from the left) switch location.

Everything else rear heat-related is controlled by the button and knob in the second row on the back of the center console. If you push the button I'm referring to multiple times, it cycles between high/low/off.

98/99 without rear AC have the button in your pic and heater controls on the back of the center console. 99 with rear AC and then all newer as it became a standard feature have the controls above the 2nd row seats.

My '98 controls looks just like yours with a blank panel over the second (from the left) switch location.

Everything else rear heat-related is controlled by the button and knob in the second row on the back of the center console. If you push the button I'm referring to multiple times, it cycles between high/low/off.

Strange, I don't have any controls in this location.
98/99 without rear AC have the button in your pic and heater controls on the back of the center console. 99 with rear AC and then all newer as it became a standard feature have the controls above the 2nd row seats.
gotcha! thanks for the clarity guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom