Rear hatch glass removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I pulled mine using a some plastic body clip tools, some 50# monofilament fish line, and a decent amount of dish soap.

From the inside, I peeled back the rubber gasket, starting up top & working around laying in fishline & soap, lots of soap (light watered to thin) - when you get it wrapped then work the tails of the line to the top if you like.

Now get a competent helper - as you start at one upper corner & work the top edge out & down that side slightly, then the opposite side to same amount (1/2 -2/3) - your helper outside has to be ready to catch the glass as it will "flop" out when you put pressure on the last of the sides where still in - pulling the fishline & keeping constant outward pressure with your shoulder on the glass releases the glass & gasket from the frame.

Install is reversal - reline the channel with more fishline, soap it up & have 1-2 helpers pushing from outside as you pull fishline tails from inside & it'll suck the rubber gasket over the frame lip & by the time you get 3 sides in, the 4th is pretty automatic if you lubed it well & it hasn't dried before getting there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom