Rear disc conv.... problem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone give me a part # for the Banjo bolts that are required for the rear GM disc brake conversion. I am using the raybestos hoses #38149 and I can't seem to find a banjo bolt long enough bolt the hoses to the calipers.

Thanks
rye

Can anyone give me a part # for the Banjo bolts that are required for the rear GM disc brake conversion. I am using the raybestos hoses #38149 and I can't seem to find a banjo bolt long enough bolt the hoses to the calipers.

Thanks
rye
I just asked for the banjo for the Monte Carlo calipers?
Fit fine.

I believe it's a 10mm bolt (I checked for the part # from when I got mine, but no such luck). You won't be able to get what you want from Schucks/Krager,... the guys at mine couldn't direct you to the nearest gas station, even if their life depended on it, much less cross reference the "correct" part.
If you have a Federated Auto parts store in your area, they should be able to help, that's where I got mine,... the guys there are old-timers, and all-but knew the part #'s offhand.

the guys there are old-timers, and all-but knew the part #'s offhand.
Yep those are the stores you want. I drive an extra 10 minutes or so to get to the Napa in the industrial part of town vs the suburbia ones, those guys are great and really know their stuff, especially compared the the keyboard junky suburbia employees.

;) when i did my truck i asked for the monte carlo bolts.turns out there are two kinds.guess which one i got?thats right.so back at my local parts emporium im looking in the guys book and lo and behold the 10mm ones i needed are also the same ones for a 84 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4.cant get them till one day after im leaving on the trip.so i went home an d robbed them off my 84 chevy 3/4 beater.long story short,my wife still doesnt get it why i need more than one truck,its like having your own junk yard for parts.

If you have an Autobone near by here is their part number.
Banjo bolts Autozone PN#313940 $1.99

Chris

For the #38149 hoses you need the long banjo bolts.  I believe they are 28mm long (probably 10 x 1.25 x 28).  NAPA should have them or be able to order them.

HTH.  Todd Bull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom