rear body mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Christiaan! Looking good. Those springs are BEEF! they will help when loaded up, heading to the snow, oh wait... None of that this year.

You should see some of the cruisers down here in Australia... V8 turbo diesels with 5 speeds and all the goodies...
I'm trying to figure out how to bring one back.
FJ60 with high roof (think changing into wetsuit while standing up, sleeping, surfboards inside, etc) straight 6 turbo diesel, 5 speed, all the good s*** man.

Surf has been pumping, got a 6'0" fish, warm water, overhead barrels, lots of landcruisers... Come on over!

-Jordan

Just finished the JMack reverse light sanction! Thanks for the idea and the help.
Results are sick. I went wheeling the other night and they were amazing. In fact they are amazing in the local parking lot as well!
I ended up cutting the outside skin with an angle grinder and then had to get at the inside wall. The first one was challenging. Could only get in there with my dremel and it took forever. Then I was offered the use of a plasma cutter-took 5mins to get the second side done. Its all about the tools. The next crux was how to get a landing nut to hold them in. Impossible to access the inside to weld on some nuts. Plasma cutter! Took some 1/4 inch plate and made an inside gasket with threaded holes. Vwhala
DSC00041.JPG
DSC00043.JPG
DSC00044.JPG
DSC00045.JPG

never enough light for backing up...

I have been saving some newer looking brake light lenses for that day when I got a real paint job, but maybe I should use them now to try to match the newness factor of the reverse lights. No one out there makes brand new brake light lenses. do they?

hit up Chris if you want some new old stock stuff...just get ready to let go of the wallet...

So awhile back I replaced the steering system with a Scout II power steering and I noticed that when all was said and done I had lost quite a bit of my previous turning radius. I place the box on the frame trying to make the drag link and the tirod as parallel as possible. I used a pitman arm from 4x4labs as well.
My thought on trying to regain my turning radius would be to make a longer pitman arm to increase the throw. I know that that will move the two steering bars farther away from being parallel. Should I be worried about this?

Anybody else loose their turning radius when they swithched over to a powersteering setup? What did you do?

I used to be able to make a u-turn on a residential street with no problem and now it is a multiple turn thing. :(

I lost radius too, or I guess gained raduis. I thought about a longer pitman to get a little more, but I went thru a lot to get a pitman that worked. I don't think a few inches out of parallel looking down is an issue as much as parallel looking straight on. I don't mind my turning. An effortless 1 handed 3 point turn is better than a 2 handed fight u turn imo.

Has anyone used one of these before. My rig seems espcially gassy. It has a weber 38 on it and I was told that the landcruiser fuel pumps put out round 5 psi while the weber runs best with 2.5 or 3 psi. So I got this fuel pressure regulator.

Thoughts?
fuel regulator.jpg

Yes. I'll get a picture up. I think that it helped a little with the excesive fuel smell. It seems to run a little better, too, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom