Readers Rides, for pics and specs on your Toy(s). (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Working on my 1990 Hilux Surf to get it ready for a big trip to Moab this summer (towing a motorcycle).

- GReddy intercooler
- New CT20 turbo (old one was shot)
- McNally Boost/EGT gauge
- TurboSmart manual boost controller
- Cold air intake (soon to be a snorkel)
- Straight 2.5" turbo back exhaust

Up next will be suspension and bull bar/sliders!

12729083_10153788594380708_6916975603066220010_n.jpg

IMG_1407.jpeg

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

1990 sr5 22re 5speed 4wd
33x10.5x15 bfg at
Outlaw 2 wheels
Fox 2.0 remote resivoir shocks all around.
Fox 2.0 hydro bumps up front
Saw 300m torsion bars.
Satoshi mod grille.
Removed rear bumper cause the side panels kept pulling out from the body and got tired of drilling and tapping for bigger bolts.
Not many mods. Just wanted to make it more comfy in the desert and for camping.

Picked up a new-to-me 1st gen recently! 88 with the 22re/5speed combo. Love this little rig and am super stoked to get to wrench and wheel it. Currently has torsion bars cranked all the way up on 31x10.50's, but plan on cranking those back down and adding in bj spacers and new shocks next week to give it a better ride. Goal with this build is simplicity: slap on some more aggressive 31's, add in some under body protection, stripping and monstalining the interior, building a lockable storage system for camping gear in the back, and then fixing whatever I manage to break while putting it to use.

20160503_165430.jpg

92 bone stock; starting on a full engine rebuild, looking for help or parts for: sas or just some solid advise would be greatly appreciated the build will not get into full swing until i got my drivetrain solid but my gears are grinding away on the future upgrades

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I bought a 1986 4Runner from CubeDweller last December. It is a manual 22RE. Mechanically sound with some exterior cosmetic issues. The interior only needs some TLC. This is now my daily driver and is really fun to drive.

I've replaced the AC compressor and now lurk at salvage yards looking for upgrades. I need to fix the oil pressure gauge and look at the low start up idle. I get the occasional CEL code 5 on steep and sustained interstate climbs. I may need to replace the O2 sensor, but I think something else I going on.

It is a great truck, thanks Cube!

1991 Hilux Ln106 4x4 imported from Southern Japan. 3L 2.8 liter diesel engine, Solid front axle, 5 speed manual on 31x10.5. 82,000 miles. No rust on body or frame minus some surface rust on the leaf springs. Located in Pennsylvania.

Changed all the fluids and filters after importing. Everything worked perfect except for the alternator not charging. Had no charge at the alternator minus the charge from the battery. Replaced the alternator brushes with no change so I ordered a new alternator.

Probably going to add an old man emu lift to replace the original suspension in the future. I also want to swap the rear axle for one with a factory elocker but not sure if I want to widen the stance. Maybe a harrop elocker instead.

Lots of sweet rigs here and, at the risk of embarrassing myself, here's a bit about the space waster in my shop.

It's an '88 that I bought new and have been hacking on ever since. SAS, Marlin 4.70, 4.88's, ARB's F&R and a TBI 4.3/700R-4 swap completed the first round. That was a great set up and when it came time to rebuild or replace, I chose to replace. The truck now sports an LS1, same transmission with all updates including a manual valve body. This required a little body work.
1439739334_sam_1023.jpg

1405109393_misc_2_044.jpg

1266951584_hancock_1.jpg

1412383366_sam_0618.jpg

More details if anyone is interested

This is my new Toy, 1994 vintage, dubbed Son of Snowball. This is my 17 yr old's entry into the game. Not quit ready for the full cruiser, mentally or monetarily. Paid 1200 cause he has a leaky water pump shaft, and a duct tape and 3" abs intake hose, but no biggie.
Only 2 days old to me, and only mod is 4.88 in the rear (so im told) otherwise a stocker. Previous owner appears to be the type that only put half the hardware back after removing things, so if anybody has a line on oem fasteners without going to the dealer, id love to know what it is.
sos3.jpg
sos2.jpg
sos1.jpg
sos1.jpg

1985 Xtra cab, 5.29's, rear lockright, OME springs, Marlin Crawler dual cases, flat bed, 33's, daily driven.

IMGP0755.JPG

IMGP0748.JPG

Flatbed is coming off soon and a stock one with a topper going on. Would like to be able to just throw junk or dead critters in the back, flip the tailgate and go. Flatbeds aren't that convenient.

1985 Xtra cab, 5.29's, rear lockright, OME springs, Marlin Crawler dual cases, flat bed, 33's, daily driven.

View attachment 1344455

View attachment 1344466

Flatbed is coming off soon and a stock one with a topper going on. Would like to be able to just throw junk or dead critters in the back, flip the tailgate and go. Flatbeds aren't that convenient.

man if you were closer i would love to have that flat bed for my 84, i would say we could trade but mine is a bobbed long bed so i dont think the wheel base would line up.

redmini2.jpg

Howdy Folks.
Here is my '89 2WD Xtra-cab DLX
22RE
5 speed
345K miles
LC Engineering CARB legal headers
2 1/4" exhaust all the way back
Motor rebuilt 10K ago due to improper oil filter installation and loss of oil, otherwise would still be going on the original build.
Repainted in original red but 2 stage, plus the white top as an FJ 'homage'.
Spartan automatic locker in the rear, installed and overhauled by Zuk.
Extra leaf spring in the rear making it good for ~1500 lbs
35mm spacers in the front.
KYB Gas-Adjust shocks
American Racing 'Outlaw' 14" wheels (might go 15" next year)
BFG All Terrain T/A KO (no longer avail as 14", so use them while I got'em)
Other than that, pretty stock

87 SAS
5.29's
Lincoln locked
High steer
37" iroks
All my own custom work
20161118_191725.jpg
20161118_183510.jpg

1991 Hilux Ln106 4x4 imported from Southern Japan. 3L 2.8 liter diesel engine, Solid front axle, 5 speed manual on 31x10.5. 82,000 miles. No rust on body or frame minus some surface rust on the leaf springs. Located in Pennsylvania.

Changed all the fluids and filters after importing. Everything worked perfect except for the alternator not charging. Had no charge at the alternator minus the charge from the battery. Replaced the alternator brushes with no change so I ordered a new alternator.

Probably going to add an old man emu lift to replace the original suspension in the future. I also want to swap the rear axle for one with a factory elocker but not sure if I want to widen the stance. Maybe a harrop elocker instead.

did you use a broker/importer to get that here?

any updates?

did you use a broker/importer to get that here?

any updates?

I used a broker in Japan to purchase it at auction. They put it on the ship then I filed the paperwork back here to process it the rest of the way. You save a lot of money doing it yourself but you take on extra risk. I would suggest finding a broker that can inspect the vehicle for you since many bidders just use the auction sheet. I added an ome lift and f&r elockers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom