Readers Rides, for pics and specs on your Toy(s). (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1985 HiluxSurf solid axle turbo diesel. As rare as a hens dentist. Will be restoring her.

Can I just say how much I hate you? And I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority of us Yanks.

Just got my first 87 Toyota! I love it!

image.jpg

My 1989 Pickup

Lexus 1UZ-FE V8, Lexus Automatic transmission
Dual 23 spline Toyota Transfer cases
ALL Pro Off Road SAS with 5" springs
5.29's with Detroit Rear, ARB front lockers. Chromoly axles front and rear w/dirty 30's and 6 shooter knuckles
Bed bobbed 14", 1995 4Runner front clip
37" Krawlers on Raceline beadlocks.

IMG_0006.jpg

116_2210.jpg

My 1986 pickup (pictures from top to bottom)
Bought the truck initially to keep miles off my good truck, it was a blaassttttttt. picked it up for dirt cheap and it was money well spent!!!

1.jpg

then this happened the first time i decide to go ride....
3.jpeg

got it home and was just going swap the whole body, but decided to go all out....
5.jpeg

brought it out the farm for some test riding after getting the axle put in place and it went like a dream!!!!
6.jpg

this is the most recent picture i have of it currently. Still a work in progress
8.jpg

It has 84 axles front and back, front is aussie locked and the rear is spooled both with 5.29 gears. Procomp shocks front and back, it has the Trail Gear 4 Inch HD springs in front, currently has homemade shackles on factory leafs for the lift in back right now, but will get linked in the near future. Also planning to get an exo cage made before the next ride.....just incase i do roll it again......

Has the original 22r with 101,xxx miles, 5 speed, and tcase. now has an 89 cab that was taken off of a 2wd and 100% rust free (SCORE!!)

Some wheeling pics from this past weekend.

That a Trail Gear rear bumper? It's pretty much what I want, but it looks like it leaves big gaps around the body?

Actually both front and rear are Dave'z off road bumpers. The reason for the gap is cause I have a 3in. body lift. At the time, they could only adjust the bumpers for a 2in. body lift, so I have a 1in. gap I'm going to fix later. I wanted their rear bumper cause they were the only ones who weld support trusses to the rear hitch for extra strength.
581956_298729940207444_1773206678_n.jpg

My 92 DLX PickUp
photo_zpsacefabe2.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

DSC01713.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

4wheelinOct82006164.jpg

4wheelinOct82006165.jpg

Current setup has 31x10.50 Pirelli Scorpions on factory alloys, Conn-Ferr shackles, with an electric fan on a fresh motor.

Here is some of my trucks, 2012 hzj79 (highway registered), 1997 hzj75 convertible (yes convertible!! Specialy ordered by a mine company and factory convertible) finaly, a land rover 130 crew cab 1996. All LHD.
uploadfromtaptalk1409432276516.jpg

New to the forum..
84 runner with vortec v6, 700r4 , 4.71 marlin gears in t case. Lockers, 6-7 inch lift, swampers. 20" light bar, H.O alternator, optima red top. Sliders, bumpers, 9k pound winch.. Lots of other smaller mods

Hey i have a 1985 4runner
ARB air lockers
5.29 gears
LC Engineering 22r
2 in NWOR front springs w/ All Pro shackles
6 in Marlin rear springs sprung under w/ All Pro shackles
Trai-Gear cross member
All-Pro cage
Heavily reinforced axle housings
Bilstien rear shocks

InstaSize_2014_8 _ 176685.jpg

Hey guys, New to the forum here, first Toyota I've owned and worked on, loving it though.

1993 Hilux Surf, 2L-TE 2.4 Turbo Diesel, RHD
First thing was a 3-in-1 combo Pyrometer, Boost, and Trans Temp gauge
Aussie Locker in the rear, stock IFS front with jubilee clip holding the ADD closed
2" Body lift
3" Suspension w/ front diff drop
35 x 12.5 Toyo MTs
15 x 9JJ -38 Offset wheels, hand painted by yours truly
Manual boost controller
Removed EGR, VSVs, and throttle plate

Works in progress currently are a hood scoop from an '04-'05 WRX STI, feeding a TMIC, either from an L200 or an R34, cooling boost from an RB25DET steel-rebuilt, journal bearing, T3 Turbo, and possibly fitting some potentiometers to the fuel pump ECU pinouts to run it slightly richer, bump full up to match 16 psi boost, and lastly fitting a Transfer case from an R150F in a 4Runner or V6 Surf to get rid of all that electronic crap.

IMG_0014[1].JPG

IMG_0016[1].JPG

She needs way, Way more flex.
IMG_0012[1].JPG

IMG_0014[1].JPG

Right hand drive Hilux surf ;). Solid axle turbo diesel.

Ya, blah, blah, blah ... you Ozzies suck with your diesels. Just saying. :moon:

And we won't even talk about your solid axle double cab Hilux. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom