Ranger Torque Splitter ?'s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just kickin a few ideas around here
has anyone put a Ranger Torque Splitter for the OD behind a 3B
has anyone put a Ranger between a 3B and a H55F to make it easier to pickup the second third shift and the third fourth shift
also can you use it to adapt a Cummins and a H55F
ive been reading and see some say they are noisy and hard to shift

The ranger - which is truly a piece of ancient history - will not fit the 3B. I haven't seen one in years...

~John

Jeez John, your making me feel old ;) That piece of ancient history is still running quite reliably in the 40. Of course, it is a Chevy drive line...

You can hear it when it's in OD. Makes no noise when it's 1:1. This in a 40 series bush truck, so no carpets or frilly stuff. Here's the driveline: SBC, Ranger, SM420, Toyota 3 speed t/case. So needless to say the entire driveline is noisy, including the t/case. Shifts smoother than the SM420, in fact having a split shift is excellent. I always have a gear and the split between 2nd and 3rd on the 420 is tall. Downshifting is great as well, it has syncros so I just clutch it it when needed. I originally used this box as my SBC to Toyota 4 speed adapter, no driveline modification required. That was in 1993.

man that sounds awesome!!
ive got a 3B turboed right now and it works really well overall but it pretty much always has a load in it and id really like to have the gears closer togeather
with the ranger and the 4spd you actually have a better overdrive then the 5spd

I'd love one of these as well (if they would fit)

It would really come in handy..... might make the ol' 2-3 H55 shift less of a step for the little "B".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom