Quick Shackle Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 4" skyjacker is coming to my house on tues. I plan to start install that afternoon, my stock shackles and bolts are pretty worn-(no bushings on two of the shackles.) Should I go ahead and drop the $165 for a set of 4 SOR anti-inversion shackles w/greasable pins to install with the lift? I remember woody saying its a good idea to add them with a lift after someone said their shackles kept inverting. Need to know cause I got to order the shackles today if I want them in time to keep from dragging out the install. Thanks in advance.

I would definently go ahead and order the new shackles, greasable is the only way to go, they're much easier to install(and pull apart if need be). You'll already have your suspension ripped apart, it'd be a good time to do the new shackles anyway. :D :G

Thats what I thought-just wanted a second opinion. Tri-Shackles from SOR on the way!

Hope you got new polyurathane bushings, too. They'll make a big difference. I also agree with the antiinversion and greasable shackles for your new lift, Bailey. &nbsp:Definitely worth the bucks.

Ok Sounds good. I'm pretty sure the Skyjacker comes with polyurethane bushings, Dave. We'll see when it comes. Right now I'm rounding up jack stands and floor jacks from friends to do the lift and tryin to make room in my schedule and garage. If the Lord willin and the creek don't rise it should be done by next Sunday. At which point I will be stainless steel brake line and tire&wheel shopping :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom