Questions, thoughts, possible dead VC, 94 fz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Soo... I bought another set of factory locked axles. This time they are attached to an 80.
I got it cheap because its been up side down, and needed a fair amount of work to even move it.

It won't move much without the center diflock on. Makes lots of noise and will only do about 5mph.
Lock the center, and it moves fine.

I haven't verified there inst a stripped drive flange or broken birf, but the front all seems solid turning it by hand.

The clincher is that it had 31s on the front ad 32s in the back. I figure the viscious coupler is toast.
I have a spare transfer, so I'm not worried about swapping it.

Ill check the flanges tonight. Any other thoughts?

Yeah...I figured that it was done.

I'll check the oil as well. I don't know what it would drive like without it. I would expect more noise in hi or lo without gear oil.

It gets warm in lo as well....I'm not sure I understand why the temp goes up. Stop moving or put it in neutral and it drops down to normal super quick.

This one has been properly abused.

Ive been sick... taking longer than I wanted.

The front axle is bent...
Super obvious with the tire off. Must have been blind to not see it earlier.
I'm guessing when I tried to turn it before, the remains of the axle/birf were binding up.
The noise at 5mph was all that grinding itself up.

anyone have a spare housing...to start with anyway.

You sure its the housing & not just a wasted trunion bearing?

Ohh Yeah... It is bent.

trunion bearings are still intact... They will need replacing, but no crunch crunch, and no play.
Left front tire is pushed back . Spring perch misaligned from the one on the frame, and the radius arm is more curvy.

205 gets a housing from CruiserYard to my door, but I'd like to spend the 85 for shipping on something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom