Q78-15LT buckshot mudders GOOD?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by northernrighty, Sep 1, 2010.

1. northernrighty

northernrighty

There is a cheapish set of these for sale used here and with interco not making tires for the time being I was concidering it instead of the Q78 swampers. Any info would be great.
  2. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper Cascade Cruisers Prez. SILVER Star

I've ran buckshots but not on an 80. they work well but they are very, very loud!
  3. northernrighty

northernrighty

thanks, these are my weekend only fun tires. I have a set of 33x12.5 mtrs for summer and 285/75/16 dunlop rover rtvx for the winter. Mabye 1000km a year on these tires.
  4. CreeperSleeper

They did well out here in the PNW. Just remember that they are old tech. Work good in mud and nice and strong. Pretty stiff rubber, a lot harder than a Swamper. This tends to make them not stick as well on the rocks. Hope that helps!
  5. CreeperSleeper

6. darwink1

darwink1

37's bitch!

D
  7. dafun1

dafun1

The Q78-15 buckshot is not a maxxis product. It is sold by Gateway Tire company and is a bias ply tire, not a radial. After searching, it too looks to have been produced by Denman because it is no longer available at National Tire and Wheel or OK4wd. Maxxis does make the buckshot mudder radial, but this is a completely different tire.
  8. northernrighty

northernrighty

Thanks, that helps a lot. I am going to buy them for sure because I can replace with Q78 swampers when and if I blow one. I wanted a bias tire and this could work out great.