Pulling the pin on 33 10.50 KO's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

myquestoyota

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, I'm about to pull the pin on a set of 33 10.50 BFG KO's. I've read reviews, good and bad. Need some real time reviews on how they are on snow or ice. Maybe even some accidental mud. Like em?

I used to run them and thought they did very well on snow. With all the siping in the tread design, while I had total control, my friend behind me in the Km2's was sliding all over the place

Of course we switched roles months later in the gumbo mud...

I like 'em. They are not the newest, some would argue not the best. But, they are light, cheap, predictable, dependable, and have given me zero trouble. 11K on the set on my 80, and expect them to go for 50K+. 265/70/16's on the Tacoma with 45K, and at least 10K more to go.

Guess I'm the Devils advocate here, I hated mine. Took them off within 5k miles and replaced with Nitto Terra Grapplers. Kept those for ~40k until I sold the Hummer.

The Nittos:

- handled sand better

- wore better & didn't cup

- handled mud better

- seemed to have better wet traction on pavement.

The Nittos were heads & shoulders above the BFGs.

They have not been put to the test but I am liking the ride so far

KO's or KO2's?

They are VERY different animals...I love my KO2's and they are beyond impressive in the snow.

Can you still get the old style ones? I thought they updated them

I like the older classic style bfgs. I've had good luck with the bfgs ive had. I have never had a tire failure on the different sets I've run the last 10 years. Mts. and all terrains. I couldn't tell from your post or maybe I missed it but I got 60 k miles on my ats in my fj crusier I thought that was great mileage to get out of a tire.

I've been bummed o keep reading they are updating the designs I like the classic look but I'm sure the new ones will perform better

Mine are the KO's, the KO2's didn't show up in a search for 33 10.50 15's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom