PTO Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am currently rebuilding my PTO winch that I found locally. I would like to know where I would go to buy the necessary parts i.e. bearings gaskets, shear pins ect. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have tips on locating parts, because PTO parts are sometimes hard to come by. I rebuilt the winch drum only on the one on my old rig. Basically took the drum off, cleaned it up, run a hone lightly through the bushings, and reassembled. I once replaces a seal on the gear box and got that from SOR. I would think that if you had the bearings out and got the stamped numbers off them, that someone could cross the bearings.

HTH

Any good dealer will be able to get what's available. I got parts for one thru Scott Tate at Pierson toyota, but he's not there anymore. The other stuff I got thru Rick Donnelly. He's moved recently, and I dunno where he's at. Ping the pirateboard for contact info...

I am in the process of doing just what you are up to, and I just ordered those things from SOR; they have most of the necessities. That page on their catalog is behaving a little funny. Probably you can call if there is something you need that isn't obviously there: they may have it available anyway.

If you need to buy bearings or seals i would suggest finding a local bearing supplier like Applied Industrial Technologies

http://www.findlocation.com/AppliedIndustrial/branch_search.htm

You can bring the old seals and bearings to the counter and they should be able to hook you up or order the bearings for you...i got all the seals for the head unit and the pillow block bearing from them by just walking in with the part numbers off the bearings and seals. If anybody needs any help finding the parts let me know and i can get you the part numbers for what i bought....

I like the idea of running a hone over the bushings for the drum...i will probably do this too. You could also set the shafts up in a lathe and hone them also.

Stew
stubieone@hotmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom