PS Gearbox return line hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While going over Misquito pass I lost all my PS fluid. I made it to Alma and added ATF and found a pinhole in the return line from gearbox of power steering. The hose has clamps on them so I went to Napa to get a hose. They had the presure line but not the return line hose. They gave me 5/8" hose. I tried to install the hose but only can get the hose on enough to clamp it on. It is to tight to go on all the way. I called Toyota dealer in Denver and Toyota doesn't sell just the hose, it comes as a assembly for about $300 :'(

I need to find a metric hose to replace the 5/8" hose. Anyone know what size I need to order?
kurt

Kurt,

Toyota does not publish the diameter. pull the hose off the nipple and neasure the nipple. That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

If it's got hose clamps it doesn't carry much pressure, go oversize and clamp it down. My aged Audi has fantastically expensive hi-pressure return lines, terminating at the reservoir with hose clamps. I've begun replacing them with more common hose, hose clamped to the old banjo fittings.

At Napa it measured .30". It was a cheap digital guage.
kurt

My guage measures 10mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom