Builds Project X (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Tundra "spare" steelie is 17" and very retro looking. Someone's running them on their 80...who?

I love how in your chit-chat thread, everyone is pissed off at cutting up a 45, but over here everyone thinks it's bad ass. :D
I think it looks sweet.
:beer:

JasonH said:
I love how in your chit-chat thread, everyone is pissed off at cutting up a 45, but over here everyone thinks it's bad ass. :D
I think it looks sweet.
:beer:

It makes me cringe, but then again, Gary's FJ62's getting 4.5mpg at Moab a few years ago did the same thing. ;)

I wouldn't have done it, but more power to ya! :cheers:

the wheels on mine right now are 16" new 4-runner steelies.. Just another option...

IMG_0046-640.jpg

The truck wasn't that nice to begin with. It was already dissasembled and lots of stuff missing when I got it. Plus I need a fuel miserly vehicle to wheel with you guys. My 62, by the way, is up to 13mpg Hwy. and about 6 wheeling.
G

Waggoner, any updates? I love this project, i keep checking the board every day for new pics.

Man I love watching people with skills building stuff. I wish I could do anything half as cool...

Wagonner5 is at the LSCR in Katemcy wheeling the 62. It'll be a few days on progress...

My first 4wd was a 45 with the back cut off at the rear shackles, and a custom tray, 35's, bronco power steering, 383, custom shocks, body lift, modified column and seats, 4wdisc brakes, twin sonrkels, and a trimmed off bezel, and that was over 20 years ago.

I used 60 springs, with larger eyes, and extended shackles, and swapped front shackles to back of front spring, as there was no 80s around then :flipoff2:

Everyting old becomes new again :flipoff2:

TJDIV said:
You deserve a free Ih8mud sticker.

got him a hat this weekend, but that's pre-rental-fees for the knuckle (again, thanks for saving my ass!)

There will also be a few of the "not for sale" 'MUD stickers coming when the knuckle gets returned, planning to tear it down on Wed and ship promptly.

New thread in a few weeks, but may design a knuckle that works for both sides of the rig....hhhhmmmm

Radd Cruisers said:
I like the Tacom rims my customer went with.

RC, could you post a few more pics of your truck with those tacoma's?
I guess the Back Spacing is not an issue?

lookin good...thanks,
manny

Not to steal the thread, but yes the back spacing was wrong and did set the tires in slightly which allowed the wider tires to fit under the rear bed very nicely.

Only down side is I had to adjust the right turn limiting bolt as the tire front of the drivers tire was touching the spring slightly.

Get more pics tomorrow.

Fact: Wagonner5 is back in town.

Fact: He has not posted updates.

Gary? You there? Any updates? Hello? Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom