Builds Project HAZARD DUTY LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have used super glue to reseal gaskets before for leaks. It will seep down into the gasket and harden and seal up the path the water is taking.

A few months ago I went through the same project. Put sound deadener through out the whole truck except behind the headliner. Pretty time consuming. I ended up triple layering just about everywhere. Well worth the effort and also gave the opportunity to do a deep clean of the interior. Perfect time to run accessory wires too!

I would of loved to do more while I had the interior out but was just pressed for time.

I know I will have to strip the interior again a few more times so I am not completely upset about it.

SFROMAN,
If you're headed to afghanistan, look me up as I'm here now with 10th Mountain. always good to meet a mud guy! Its the land of landcruisers around here too...mostly 100 and 200 series though with some 80s mixed in...I've been meaning to take some photos to post up here since it's the land of diesels and factory winches. i don't think the bullet proof glass is factory though...

Matt

Currently still deployed. Just got word that my wife and kid were t boned while she was picking my kid up from school. The Lexus is now totaled.

My family is fine and that is all that really matters.

A few questions. Even totaled I wander if I could buy it from the insurance co and make it strictly a wheeler? Also any advise u guys can offer in dealing with the insurance company would be helpful. I'm sure they wi want to offer me $3000 and expect me to take it happily.

Last edited:
I can offer you some advice. The first offer they make you is bull$hit. They will try and f you right off the bat. You do not have to accept there offer. I have been through this twice now when other people have hit my vehicles. Tell them what it would take to actually replace your vehicle, the work you've performed, etc. They will tell you it doesn't matter. They will come at you with a better offer later. You then decide if its what you want. As a last ace up the sleeve you can hint to them that your wife and kid are starting to have some neck pain. If they were evaluated by paramedics or went to the hospital then that will give you more credibility. PM me if you want to talk more, i'd be happy to help you.

Thanks for the advise. It sucks that I won't be around to be able to talk to the insurance company. My wife sent me some pictures and it really is not that bad at all. From how she described the accident I was expecting the 450 to be a goner. From what I can see in the pics it looks like the back driver door and rear driver wheel took the hit and the momentum spun them away from the impact. I am not able to load pics at this time due to my location but I am sure it is not totAled. My wife did say the check engine light came on though.

They both got released from hospital earlier and r just sore, I'm sure that's going to et worse.

I told my wife to get a quote from the Lexus dealership to see how much it will cost to have a drivetrain and engine diagnostic and inspection done. Also to go ahead and quote her for picking the Lexus up and delivering it when it's done. While they are at it to quote us on the body work and paint.

I told her that this way she will have an idea of what the repairs will be and has a number to compare to when the insurance gives her a number.

Here r the pics. Hope it works.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

More

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hmmm..... There's some bullet resistant glass right there. Do they have armor in the doors and underneath? And those new polyproelene tanks that seal up after a round strike

And looks like a half naked terrorist has commandeered the front seat

The rear quarter is always the worst place to get hit. Hope the frame is still straight. Is this your only vehicle for the wife to drive now?

No. My wife ha her car. She drives the 450 when I'm not around.

I would think you want to get the frame checked first.

Tough luck on the 450. Glad your family is OK.

x2 on frame check.

Stay safe.

S/F or maybe DOL?

The 450 got dropped off at the house yesterday. the tow truck driver said that the frame is bent and def should get it looked at.
not sure how bad it really is and wont really know until the insurance people come out to talk to the wife.

No other updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom