Project 80 For Sale - V8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am posting this for JD. Several years ago he bought a 1991 80 with a smog legal LT1 (port injected from a 95 Camaro) Chevy V8 with 4l60e auto trans and a 4" lift. He built the rear bumper, then removed the motor and trans to reposition them and rewire with a Painless kit. That is how it sits today and he has decided to move, selling the project so he doesn't have to haul it. It has the BAR sticker, registration in his name, and it is non-opt. It is currently listed on Craigslist Inland Empire minus the motor and trans. He says he would let it go with the motor and trans for no less than $2500, otherwise he will keep it.

It seems to me that anyone who loves the power of a V8 would see the value in this. JD said it would get 20 mpg on the highway before. Also the sheer coolness of something different.

Here is the craigslist link.
1991 Toyota FJ80

Wow great deal for the right person.

Frank

Missing from the craigslist ad and Mike's description is the nightmare of exploded wiring exposed when JD removed the dashboard and cut open all the wire bundles underneath. I saw it but did not take a picture as it was so horrifying. I did run a carfax report as I have an unlimited subscription now that I am looking for my goldilocks truck. Not too big, and not too small. Anyway, I can forward the carfax which shows a checkered history of smog issues but nothing about the engine swap if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom