production date from engine serial number (22r) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
a friend of mine recently acquired a 1982 pickup, and is planning on rebuilding the engine. the problem is, the truck has had an engine swap sometime in the past (to a 22r, apparently) i've never seen the truck or engine so i can't be sure... but we need to find the production date of the motor to figure out some of the parts needed for a rebuild, specifically main bearing sizes.

the code stamped in the block is 0435969

can anybody tell me how to decode this? is there a site out there that i'm not finding? thanks in advance for any help offered :cheers:

82 pu came with a 22r so not shure why you think it has been swaped. any way the block number is not much help it will only narow it to about 10 years, the carb number will get it down to 1 or 2 years the number is on a little tab attched to a top carb screw

the original 22r was replaced with another, but we found the vin of the other engine now... just waiting to see if somebody over in chat has a carfax demo. we know its an '82 engine, but we need the month, the main bearings changed sometime that year. thanks! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom