Product Spotlight: The new ARB Simpson III Roof Top Tent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kurt, very interested in going with the Simpson. Regarding racks for a Tacoma, do you still recommend the "Bakkie" or does Yakima offer something strong and reasonable. I did see that All Pro Offroad has a rack setup designed for RTT for around $400. I am more confused about what to get for a rack than the model of tent! Thanks! Jeff

Kurt, very interested in going with the Simpson. Regarding racks for a Tacoma, do you still recommend the "Bakkie" or does Yakima offer something strong and reasonable. I did see that All Pro Offroad has a rack setup designed for RTT for around $400. I am more confused about what to get for a rack than the model of tent! Thanks! Jeff

I'm not familiar with a Yakima product that is up to par with the Bakkie. The All-Pro rack is a neat offering and don't pass up the option of having something fabricated locally. I have a tube bender, welder, notcher, etc... but in the end the aluminum extrusions of the Bakkie and the quick install were the selling point :D

Has the ARB Simpson tent been updated since your last review? I'm looking to purchase a RTT for my 200. I'm a little nervous putting a lot of weight on top of my vehicle making it a bit more tippy. What's the weight of this tent and how comfortable is the included mattress?

Yes, continued upgrades to material and construction but overall pretty similar. Weight is approx. 130 lbs. I've spent hundreds of nights on RTT mattresses and can't camplain about any of them :D

Yes, continued upgrades to material and construction but overall pretty similar. Weight is approx. 130 lbs. I've spent hundreds of nights on RTT mattresses and can't camplain about any of them :D
Looks like the 3 is now 8 years old. Any new updates to this or a version 4 coming soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom