Product Spotlight: Cruiser Outfitters Knuckle Rebuild Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just finished resealing the knuckles on my 85 pickup. Went smooth and the kit was excellent and packaged well. Thanks!

I'm glad the kit worked well. Thanks again for your order!

We've been shipping these for a bit but I never had the chance to get them photographed and introduced. To my knowledge we are the only company globally offering a 7x Series kit designed specifically for those models that have Electric Locking Hub's. I know many delete the E-Hubs in favor of traditional AISIN hubs (and we can help with that conversion too!) but some prefer to keep everything stock and thus we assembled these kits with all of the correct seals, bearings and gaskets and all from high-quality Japanese and OE suppliers.

So if you have one of these:

hub_lock.jpg

We have one of these:

IMG_7879.JPG

FA7X97E shown

IMG_7888.JPG

FA7X97EKWB & TWB shown

Applications:
FA7X97E - 1/90-1/98 70 Series w/Electric Hubs
FA7X97EKWB - 1/90-1/98 70 Series w/Electric Hubs & Koyo wheel bearings
FA7X97ETWB - 1/90-1/98 70 Series w/Electric Hubs & Timken wheel bearings

More information on our many knuckle kit offerings here:
Product Spotlight: Cruiser Outfitters Knuckle Rebuild Kits

We've been shipping these for a bit but I never had the chance to get them photographed and introduced. To my knowledge we are the only company globally offering a 7x Series kit designed specifically for those models that have Electric Locking Hub's. I know many delete the E-Hubs in favor of traditional AISIN hubs (and we can help with that conversion too!) but some prefer to keep everything stock and thus we assembled these kits with all of the correct seals, bearings and gaskets and all from high-quality Japanese and OE suppliers.

So if you have one of these:

View attachment 1288824

We have one of these:

View attachment 1288825
FA7X97E shown

View attachment 1288826
FA7X97EKWB & TWB shown

Applications:
FA7X97E - 1/90-1/98 70 Series w/Electric Hubs
FA7X97EKWB - 1/90-1/98 70 Series w/Electric Hubs & Koyo wheel bearings
FA7X97ETWB - 1/90-1/98 70 Series w/Electric Hubs & Timken wheel bearings

More information on our many knuckle kit offerings here:
Product Spotlight: Cruiser Outfitters Knuckle Rebuild Kits

Based on some user feedback and an E-Hub axle we are currently rebuilding here in the shop, we are adding more parts to the FA7X97E kits. They will soon include the Torx retainer screws and the spin ring too!

image.jpg

We are seeing more and more worn/damaged spindles during the knuckle rebuild and/or wheel bearing overhaul process. Spindles should be inspected for wear at several locations:

1. Damaged or worn threads, this will prevent proper pre-load on the wheel bearings and can allow major failure.
2. Damaged bearing surfaces at the inner and outer wheel bearing position. If you can feel it with your fingernail, it's likely too much.
3. Damaged seal surface area, check for pitting or excessive groove.
4. Damaged spindle bushing/bearing, check for excessive wear, missing rollers, etc.

As such, we are stocking more and more spindle components from OE Toyota, High Quality Japanese manufactures and more. We carry complete spindles and replacement spindle bushings and bearings too!

FA60080_FA60081OEM (Small).jpg

FA60081OEM (OEM Toyota) & FA60080 (Joint Fuji Japanese)

Part# FA60080 - $145.00/each (new lower price!)
Joint Fuji Japanese Replacement w/Upgraded Spindle Bushing/Bearing. Fits 1/1990-12/1997 8x Series/LX450. Spindle bushing/bearing combo is pre-installed so no additional parts are needed. One required per side, two per axle.

Part# FA60081OEM - $227.50/each RETAIL @ TOYOTA IS $340.36 :eek:
OEM Toyota Replacement w/Upgraded Spindle Bushing/Bearing. Fits 1/1990-12/1997 8x Series/LX450. Spindle bushing/bearing combo is pre-installed so no additional parts are needed. One required per side, two per axle.

Pricing current here:
Cruiser Outfitters

Last edited:
It would be awesome if your 40 series kits included or offered additionally gaskets for the Warn style locking hubs. As alot of us have these instead of aisin hubs. I know the story about these being dealer installed and not oem but it doesn't change the fact that's what we have. Thanks, Bill

It would be awesome if your 40 series kits included or offered additionally gaskets for the Warn style locking hubs. As alot of us have these instead of aisin hubs. I know the story about these being dealer installed and not oem but it doesn't change the fact that's what we have. Thanks, Bill

Many have used the AISIN hub face gasket on the Warn's with very minor trimming, I know we've done that here in the shop. If I could find a suitable aftermarket gasket we could absolutely include them. Honestly we pack 100% of these kits here in the shop so it's easy for us to have a note to add the gaskets for Warns. Great suggestion, I'll work on it!

We are seeing more and more worn/damaged spindles during the knuckle rebuild and/or wheel bearing overhaul process. Spindles should be inspected for wear at several locations:

1. Damaged or worn threads, this will prevent proper pre-load on the wheel bearings and can allow major failure.
2. Damaged bearing surfaces at the inner and outer wheel bearing position. If you can feel it with your fingernail, it's likely too much.
3. Damaged seal surface area, check for pitting or excessive groove.
4. Damaged spindle bushing/bearing, check for excessive wear, missing rollers, etc.

As such, we are stocking more and more spindle components from OE Toyota, High Quality Japanese manufactures and more. We carry complete spindles and replacement spindle bushings and bearings too!

View attachment 1381028
FA60081OEM (OEM Toyota) & FA60080 (Joint Fuji Japanese)

Part# FA60080 - $145.00/each (new lower price!)
Joint Fuji Japanese Replacement w/Upgraded Spindle Bushing/Bearing. Fits 1/1990-12/1997 8x Series/LX450. Spindle bushing/bearing combo is pre-installed so no additional parts are needed. One required per side, two per axle.

Part# FA60081OEM - $227.50/each RETAIL @ TOYOTA IS $340.36 :eek:
OEM Toyota Replacement w/Upgraded Spindle Bushing/Bearing. Fits 1/1990-12/1997 8x Series/LX450. Spindle bushing/bearing combo is pre-installed so no additional parts are needed. One required per side, two per axle.

Pricing current here:
Cruiser Outfitters

New lower price on the FA60080 - $145 and that includes the bearing and bushing! Buy em' deep, sell em for... less money :D

We now stock the FA60060 Japanese Joint Fuji spindle which is a direct replacement for the 9/75-1/90 4x/5x/6x/7x axles. $135 on those.

Are you rocking the factory Toyota Electric Hubs on the front of your 7x or 8x Series Land Cruiser? If so our knuckle kit offerings have you covered including the often worn slip-ring and the torx retainer screws that are often In need of replacement. These kits are 100% Japanese and feature a mix of OE Toyota and OEM suppliers such as NOK and Koyo. The right parts and step by step instructions too!

20171220_131610.jpg

The kit is great Kurt. Works like a champ.
Only thing I might suggest on the E-hub kit is adding some form of Moly-Silicone grease for the slip ring. It's the only thing not included that isn't easily sourced at your local NAPA. I bought a big tube because I will use it elsewhere around the shop. But, that's overkill for a lot of people. A small 1 shot pack would cover the need.

The kit is great Kurt. Works like a champ.
Only thing I might suggest on the E-hub kit is adding some form of Moly-Silicone grease for the slip ring. It's the only thing not included that isn't easily sourced at your local NAPA. I bought a big tube because I will use it elsewhere around the shop. But, that's overkill for a lot of people. A small 1 shot pack would cover the need.

Right on, I'll look into that. Would you mind sharing a picture of the stuff you use?

Thanks, we have a similar lube at the shop. I wonder if I could squeeze a bit into a small zip lock baggy or similar and load them into the e-hub kits?

I don't know why not. It's not like you need much. I was thinking about it from the stand point of someone who doesn't work on their vehicles all the time like some of us. Now they have this giant tube of grease that they don't know what to do with. I view it as souped up dielectric, so I will use it.

I don't know why not. It's not like you need much. I was thinking about it from the stand point of someone who doesn't work on their vehicles all the time like some of us. Now they have this giant tube of grease that they don't know what to do with. I view it as souped up dielectric, so I will use it.

Sweet. We'll make that standard in all our "E-Hub" kits in the future!

Many have used the AISIN hub face gasket on the Warn's with very minor trimming, I know we've done that here in the shop. If I could find a suitable aftermarket gasket we could absolutely include them. Honestly we pack 100% of these kits here in the shop so it's easy for us to have a note to add the gaskets for Warns. Great suggestion, I'll work on it!
Did you ever source a hub face gasket for the Warns?

We don't stock just the axle kits and components, we stock the tools you need to complete the job. Hub (drum & disc) and knuckle stud sockets, springs-scale gauges, seal pullers, snap ring pliers, centering tool kits, brass drifts and more.

View attachment 1267667 View attachment 1267668

Do you currently have the hub socket for drum brake models? If not, do you know what size it is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom