Product Review: CB-AM/FM Antenna Splitter (Firestik AR-1A Match-Maker) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*bump*

What's the latest usage reports with this splitter product?

Also, did anyone swap out a CB antenna/Firestik into the location of the OEM AM/FM antenna? if so, how was that done?

thanks!

I love my matchmaker. It has amazing range with the CB and clear reception with the FM.

Cool, Johnny.

What CB antenna are you running and where'd you locate it?

Running a 4' firestick antenna on a custom mount with a Cobra 45 WX ST. I love it.

Johnny, was there a trick to getting your Matchmaker working? I've had this project on the back burner for too long now and am just picking it back up.

I'm running the exact same CB / Firestik antenna / kevinmrowland mount on my 60 as yours, but when I put the matchmaker in-line my SWR blows up (to like 8 to 10!):eek:. I sent it months ago back to Firestik and they were able to take my unit and tune SWR to near 1 on their bench. SWR is SO high when I put it back on mine, I'm afraid I'm gonna blow my radio just trying to tune.
Butt

Johnny, was there a trick to getting your Matchmaker working? I've had this project on the back burner for too long now and am just picking it back up.

I'm running the exact same CB / Firestik antenna / kevinmrowland mount on my 60 as yours, but when I put the matchmaker in-line my SWR blows up (to like 8 to 10!):eek:. I sent it months ago back to Firestik and they were able to take my unit and tune SWR to near 1 on their bench. SWR is SO high when I put it back on mine, I'm afraid I'm gonna blow my radio just trying to tune.
Butt

Yeah, I sent my unit back to Firestick and they said there was no continuity on the center pin. I got a new unit and installed it: no problem.

Try to tune your setup without the matchmaker, record the SWR setting, then install the matchmaker and tune the matchmaker. If the SWR is waaaaaaaaaay off after installing the matchmaker then try playing with the adjustment screw. If that doesn't work, then you likely have a problem with your unit.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any pics of a CB antenna (like a Firestik) that's in the same location as the OEM AM/FM antenna, and details how it was mounted securely? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom