Proclip cellphone mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kabanstva

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi guys, looking for feedback from anyone who has installed the Proclip cellphone mount in their 100 series. Just bought it myself for my 07 LX470, should have it next week.

How easy was the installation?
Is it safe with no chance of damaging the dashboard?
How easy is it to remove if needed?
Overall impressions?

Any real life feedback welcome.

Don't have it for the 100 series since I don't have a 100 series (yet), but I've had Proclips in 3 different vehicles and they've all been fantastic. No damage to the vehicle and super easy to install and remove. Definitely expensive as far as phone mounts go but I think they're worth it.

Great on the '04. Perfect placement, no damage. No decent placement options on '98-'02

I've had them in three different vehicles, love them. I've never removed them so no idea of damage, but I can't imagine there is any.

Hi guys, looking for feedback from anyone who has installed the Proclip cellphone mount in their 100 series. Just bought it myself for my 07 LX470, should have it next week.

How easy was the installation?
Is it safe with no chance of damaging the dashboard?
How easy is it to remove if needed?
Overall impressions?

Any real life feedback welcome.

did you go with the dashboard mount or console?

Thank you for the responses!

I went with the dashboard mount which sits between the instrument cluster and driver side air vent.

Curious, one the cellphone is installed, how much it protrudes and it if gets in the way of the steering wheel/windshield wiper lever arm?
I imagine, Proclip would not make a mount for that location if it did get in the way of things, but you never know. I guess I'll install it and see.

On mine (passenger side of steering wheel), if the steering wheel is retracted all the way to the dash it's tight - with it extended a bit 9which is how I always use it anyway), zero issue with mounting depth.

On mine (passenger side of steering wheel), if the steering wheel is retracted all the way to the dash it's tight - with it extended a bit 9which is how I always use it anyway), zero issue with mounting depth.

Awesome, great to know. Thank you for the feedback.

I have one in my 2003 for my my ScanGauge and think it is a great product. There is no movement at all - granted, my ScanGauge is lighter than a phone - but it is pretty rigid. My only complaint (more from the :princess:) is that it blocks the air flow from the vent.

In my 01 it blocks the ac vent a bit. We will see how that goes in the Yuma summer. It comes with adhesive strips, I never used them and it hasn't budged.

Thank you guys for the additional feedback. Yes, I do see that the location of the mount will block the AC vent a bit, but I am not too worried about it as I rarely blast AC out of those center vent position to begin with.

Thank you guys for the additional feedback. Yes, I do see that the location of the mount will block the AC vent a bit, but I am not too worried about it as I rarely blast AC out of those center vent position to begin with.
How did this pan out for you? Still using it? Pros vs cons please? I am considering one now, thank you.

I know you didn't ask me but, I wanted to show you my mount because I haven't seen anyone else mount one here yet.

Lexus LX 470 Phone Charger (6).jpg

I know you didn't ask me but, I wanted to show you my mount because I haven't seen anyone else mount one here yet.
Happy to hear any opinions, thank you! I did consider this location but I really have found that I prefer keeping the mount higher up and close to my line of sight so my eyes aren't off the road for too long, especially when using mapping in an unfamiliar area.

Happy to hear any opinions, thank you! I did consider this location but I really have found that I prefer keeping the mount higher up and close to my line of sight so my eyes aren't off the road for too long, especially when using mapping in an unfamiliar area.
I understand. I just plug my cell into my headunit for that & have turn by turn directions through my stereo speakers too.

Awesome, great to know. Thank you for the feedback.

Did you ever get this installed? I wanted to see a picture of this, seems like not one on the forum at all! Wanted to see specifically how much of the vent and radio is covered by the mount.

Thanks

Did you ever get this installed? I wanted to see a picture of this, seems like not one on the forum at all! Wanted to see specifically how much of the vent and radio is covered by the mount.

Thanks

I just installed last week and tested it out on some trails this weekend after seeing this thread. It blocks the vent a little, but still felt plenty of cold air coming my way from the vent.

65EF19C4-4C16-4B9C-92AA-2627AC3F6213.jpeg

I didn’t want to spend $80 for a Proclip phone mount so I bought an Encase belt clip holder on Amazon. It’s not a perfect fit, but it works and was only $15. It was steady both on and off road.

I’ve tried a handful of other phone holders, but this one has been the best by far.

84D1B2F6-2D9A-4949-ABFE-C84EA023D8CF.jpeg

I just installed last week and tested it out on some trails this weekend after seeing this thread. It blocks the vent a little, but still felt plenty of cold air coming my way from the vent.

View attachment 2386569

I didn’t want to spend $80 for a Proclip phone mount so I bought an Encase belt clip holder on Amazon. It’s not a perfect fit, but it works and was only $15. It was steady both on and off road.

I’ve tried a handful of other phone holders, but this one has been the best by far.

View attachment 2386576

Thanks for doing that, I was hoping for the older model with the flat panel before 03

View attachment 2386569

View attachment 2386576
Is that pro mount fully metal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom