Prinsu Roof Rack Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I received a response from Zach last night. It took a few days but he replied. Keep in mind this is a part time side business for him. He has a full time job and a family, any of you who have these understand how little time one has left over at the end of the day.

On another note, any of you posters who already have this "production rack", would you mind posting up some detailed, close up pictures?
This & other threads have some pics of the "production rack" but they are far shots and most of the pics out on Mud are of the shorter height "prototype".

Also, if anyone knows how high the "production rack" sits above the rain gutter, can you please post up?
Thanks!

Hold up! Really, what's the reasoning for the change? I got on to this rack because it was like the one on Boxrockets. Yes, thanks for the heads up. I'd like to see the difference too.

I ordered. I got in on the group buy.

Does anyone know when these are shipping? I haven't bothered emailing, I'm in no rush, and I know Zach's busy with these orders.

I just need to know when to tell the wife... :meh:

I ordered. I got in on the group buy.

Does anyone know when these are shipping? I haven't bothered emailing, I'm in no rush, and I know Zach's busy with these orders.

I just need to know when to tell the wife... :meh:
This is what he told me when I set this up

PRINSU Design Studio is a one man operation that Zach does on top of a full time day job and family life. Typical lead times on normal orders are usually 4 weeks. With the added volume of a group buy those lead times will likely increase and delivery of racks could take up to 6 weeks. If you are not OK with these lead times please do not order. PRINSU will make every effort possible to ensure quick and speedy delivery but appreciates your flexibility and patience.

PRINSU Design Studio is a one man operation that Zach does on top of a full time day job and family life. Typical lead times on normal orders are usually 4 weeks. With the added volume of a group buy those lead times will likely increase and delivery of racks could take up to 6 weeks. If you are not OK with these lead times please do not order. PRINSU will make every effort possible to ensure quick and speedy delivery but appreciates your flexibility and patience.

4-6 weeks -ish... OK by me. I was #20 ... so you first few need to post up when you get yours. I will tell her then.

I'll take anyone's place if you decide you can't wait for the lead time, I am not in any rush. I will make any arrangements necessary. I would need a 80 series.

6 week lead time...PERFECT! Actually a good thing for me as it gives me time to remove stock roof rack, deal with holes, and figure out how to paint/cover that faded paint up there. Raptor Liner, Monstaliner, Flat Black Spray, or hey maybe even PlastiDip and I can peel off later for a more permanent method.

Been Staring at that Rack for a while o_O
Group Buys are crucial!

Has anyone received any tracking or shipping info yet?? Just curious. I ordered 7/11

Wait, what? You didn't get yours yet???

:flipoff2:

6-8 weeks............you need to work on your math.

No, my math is good. I know it's been 30 days. I was just curious. Didn't think I'd get reamed for it. I'm in no rush.

And for the record. It says it could
take UP TO 6 weeks to ship. I didn't see anywhere that it says 8 weeks.

No, my math is good. I know it's been 30 days. I was just curious. Didn't think I'd get reamed for it. I'm in no rush.

My experience is people will jump in and let you know when their's ships. It's kind of a rite of passage for the first people to post pictures of their goods. Patience....

Small business; massive order, probably under estimated the time. Life happens... 6-8 weeks puts us buyers at the beginning of September.

However I wouldn't start worrying until September 31st... :popcorn: (waiting to see if there is a reply to this...)

Quality takes time; more than happy to wait for a top notch product.

Last edited:

Funny thing is, I had the same thought this morning and I went to check to see how long it's been.

I bought mine at the beginning of March and didn't get it until end of April....and that wasn't during any kind of group buy. I definitely think its worth the wait, but Zach is one guy, so don't be surprised if its 3-4 months for some of the big group buy orders.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
The Prinsu RR is a little taller than the prototype on Box rockets but still very low to the ribs.

I bought mine a year ago and have used it extensively. It's light, sleek and there's a lot of utility.

I do not know the fabricator but I had communication with him several times and all I can say is he is going to get it done and do his best on timing. He's a doer. With that said I would suggest one contact point for him to provide updates. He's probably the CEO, trash taker outer, boss, lacky, fabricator, supply chain all in one.

Here are some suggestions after you get your Prinsu based solely on my observations:

1. Sand some the edges of the outer rack, the water jets cut like a hot knife through butter and can create sharp edges.

2. Purchase some edge trim rubber for the front of the rack to prevent scratching or rubbing into the hood. (See pic 3 and 4).

3. I plasti dipped mine black and it looks good.

Talked to Zach if everything goes a planned the racks will start shipping out the 26th. As a side note I will have a group buy on roof top tents probably about Sept 1st. It will be a major brand you all will know so stay tuned look for the post Sept 1st!!

Talked to Zach if everything goes a planned the racks will start shipping out the 26th. As a side note I will have a group buy on roof top tents probably about Sept 1st. It will be a major brand you all will know so stay tuned look for the post Sept 1st!!
Count me in on the roof top tent, I would also like to start another group buy for prinsu roof rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom