Builds POTM - March, 2014 - Javelina By Pablo Cruise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pablo,

It's cool to step up when you can and help out. What a great memory. We've had four weddings on our farm over the years and every one was special.

Pablo,

It's cool to step up when you can and help out. What a great memory. We've had four weddings on our farm over the years and every one was special.

Makes me think I have to drive the Pig out there and check out your farm!

So, upon wrapping up scrapdaddy's build I read up on yours. Wonderful build, great story, and I love how you an see your son grow up throughout the process. She's a beaut man, you've done a fantastic job.

I too wandered here after Ron's thread and while I'm hoping to wheel my '74 more and restore less there is a wealth of info and inspiration in these threads, thanks!

To make things more confusing, these retractors look different than some others that I had sitting around that are dated from sometime in 1978.
I looked at the belts in my buddy's 1976 Pig and he has the more "boxy" style retractor.

View attachment 1103371 View attachment 1103372 View attachment 1103373

Takata made these belts back in the 70's, sounds like a bad time to be at Takata these days...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/30/b...ory-detonates-en-route.html?ref=international

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/27/business/takata-airbag-recall-crisis.html?_r=0

A neat little story involving Miss Javelina appears in the latest Trails:

Toyota Trails - July/August 2016 Issue

I thought I loaded up some pictures from this event, but they are not here?

DRASE_2015_06_14-0770.jpg
DRASE_2015_06_14-0771.jpg

At the very least use a “Crimp Solder Seal Butt Connector” for your exterior connections.

I never heard more arguments over which is better crimp or solder, in the different forums, but for sure anything is better than those damn splice connectors. Seems like every trailer company uses them and in six months, you're running down problems. Personally, I like to solder them and then use the shrink tubing.

Good luck with it and with electrical stuff, seems like there is always some problem.

I was going back through this thread to find pictures of the rear seat latch cable and came across these comments from when I was doing trailer wiring.

Lately I have been working on my Mini Pig, a '94 Honda Civic hatchback. I have been dealing with some sub-standard crimp connections in the engine harness and started using these - so far so good! Water-proof shrink tube with a solder bead running around the middle. Hit them with a heat gun and the solder melts nicely as the heat shrink tubing melts.

Hope this can help someone!

426527d1481491896-refresh-94-civic-si-w-abs-after-accident-12-11-16-025.jpg

426528d1481491913-refresh-94-civic-si-w-abs-after-accident-12-11-16-026.jpg

426529d1481491927-refresh-94-civic-si-w-abs-after-accident-12-11-16-027.jpg

I need those wire connectors in my life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom