Post your wheeling damage pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought I would document before something amazing replaces this damage...
image.jpeg

Not sure how I hit something this high but it did its job.

image.jpeg

That's all the damage I occurred in Ouray!

Slee should test their bumper on Hells Revenge and Fins n Things to see if needs any tweaks. I am very sure it will handle all the abuse. But testing cannot be replicated in shop.

Best place to test front bumper is Black Bear Pass waterfall climb and Imogene Pass creek middle crossing.

Slee should test their bumper on Hells Revenge and Fins n Things to see if needs any tweaks. I am very sure it will handle all the abuse. But testing cannot be replicated in shop.

Best place to test front bumper is Black Bear Pass waterfall climb and Imogene Pass creek middle crossing.
Agreed! I wouldn't buy it unless properly put through some abuse.

They did take it to cruise Moab earlier this year for testing. :)

specs on the wheel setup. Volks? Backspacing?

18x9 +0 Volk TE37 Large PCD. Tires are 285/65/18 BFG KO2's.

9D420276-684A-4F97-B573-98068DC13289_zpsdvovop5f.jpg

Are they really an offset of +0????

Can you show photos of the front...with wheels turned? I would think they'd be rubbing BADLY unless very small, or stock 31"?

Are they really an offset of +0????

Can you show photos of the front...with wheels turned? I would think they'd be rubbing BADLY unless very small, or stock 31"?

EC7ADC43-3888-4CD5-8C7A-660FD0507990_zpszjunb52n.jpg

The tires would rub at full lock. I had to trim away some of the plastic fender liner in front and behind the wheel as well as a little bit of the front edge of my running boards. There was a thin metal bracket exposed after trimming the running boards that still rubbed so I had to knock that out of the way with a rubber mallet. The tires are equivalent to 33's.

Last edited:
EC7ADC43-3888-4CD5-8C7A-660FD0507990_zpszjunb52n.jpg

The tires would rub at full lock. I had to trim away some of the plastic fender liner in front and behind the wheel as well as a little bit of the front edge of my running boards. There was a thin metal bracket exposed after trimming the running boards that still rubbed so I had to knock that out of the way with a rubber mallet. The tires are equivalent to 33's.

Thanks. A few more Qs... When full stuffed in the rear, do they clear your fender well in back? It looks like you added fender-flares...but did you actually have to remove material inside? -or are those flares more cosmetic? Lastly, do you have trouble with rock-throwing behind you? (Do they stick out that far?) Would love to see a straight-on photo from front/rear. Very curious. Nice looking wheels, by the way. Thanks for info. Never seen anyone run +0.

Thanks. A few more Qs... When full stuffed in the rear, do they clear your fender well in back? It looks like you added fender-flares...but did you actually have to remove material inside? -or are those flares more cosmetic? Lastly, do you have trouble with rock-throwing behind you? (Do they stick out that far?) Would love to see a straight-on photo from front/rear. Very curious. Nice looking wheels, by the way. Thanks for info. Never seen anyone run +0.

No problem. Happy to answer questions. The flares are strictly cosmetic. I didn't need to trim away any metal. I didn't mind the look of my tires sticking out past the body but these small flares flush up perfectly with the edge of the tire. The rear tire can still tuck into the rear fender well without any rubbing.

With flare.
This photo was taken when I was test fitting the flares. That's why it isn't completely attached to the body towards the bottom.
8E6F2AF5-9C20-4795-A988-3AD3012ABF40_zpstb8rx4wb.jpg

Without flare

2A5C5F7F-0F0A-4BA7-9034-55EAAD15D62F_zpsn05obyk5.jpg

Stuffed wheel.
The truck was only making contact on the rock with only the front left and right rear wheels.

50D3EAFA-727F-4CED-A7C4-FAA6452E7CE4_zpsdvwd5raq.png

Last edited:
Wow. I think it's the first time I've seen Volks on a SUV. Well, at least you know they'll be plenty strong! How are you liking the LX offroad? I'm still torn between the LC vs LX.

Picked up a few scrapes on OEM rear bumper. Guess it wasn't just the mud flap I heard after all. At least the driver's side matches the passenger side now ;)

E007E166-5F17-4F64-90AF-9DC83DA51E50.JPG

And..... the front as well.

20161120_150237.jpg

Ouch @kevinfoutch! The snow gives a false sense of calm, seems to me. I don't think I would notice new scrapes on my armor at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom