Post your wheeling damage pics (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Weak it is.

I like the design of the 200 series cruiser exhaust--very well protected. I destroyed 2 when I had my FJ. I bent mine a little here but you can't see it unless you're under the truck.

That said, I'm very close to considering the ARB rear bumper junk. I realize there are many fans of ARB, but here are my complaints--now that I've wheeled my truck a number of times, seen how my armor holds up and have been underneath my truck working on the bumper I've seen its flaws:

1) ARB rear bumper swing out is poorly engineered. Mine was installed by Slee Off Road, who installs a LOT of them and knows what they're doing. Still, the swing out required 2 arms and a ton of force to close until I personally modified it.
2) the wings on either side of the bumper are not strong. Not even close to strong enough to hold the weight of a 200. I've bent both sides in separate incidents and just today when I was under my truck I found one fairly flimsy piece of steel as a brace. The truck has an available frame rail close to the wing where another, thicker bracket should be added. If ARB actually tested this bumper they would have found this weakness immediately. I have 6500 miles on my truck and I'm an experienced off-roader. The wings are junk. For reference, I've landed on and scraped my Slee sliders and they are stout-as expected.
3) the problem with the wings being junk is that if you land on one, it pushes the rest of your bumper out of line too! When the wing gets out of alignment, here's what you can look forward to: A) your body panel will pop out, B) you won't even be able to open your tailgate because the crappy plastic covers will encroach on the lowering of your tailgate (you will scrape the paint off the side of your tailgate), C) you might get a crack in the plastic corner piece when the wing pushes up against your truck, all because the design sucks and it is not properly braced.

I hope Slee comes out with their bumper soon.

View attachment 1136017 View attachment 1136018 View attachment 1136020
You need to straight pipe that end muffler

1) Sounds like Slee may have missed something when installing it. I can open mine with a single finger.

2) The wings are weak, but then again, I think the bumper is catered more for an expedition rig. They are certainly not strong enough the support the weight of the truck. I wish they were. I do sometimes regret that. So not arguing with you on this one.

All that being said, I think @Willy beamin 's bumper looks great, and would probably solve your problems.

If you need help with the latch, just PM me.

I don't know..are there many fans? I think it benefited from being all there was available until @Willy beamin 's shop stepped in.

After installing it I've avoided all other ARB products. I'm about to get armour and again have little choice with Asfir impossible to come by.

I deleted the 12 inch LED light Bar in the center to get the winch controller where it should be. Here is how it turned out. These bumper remove and install can work you- not light.View attachment 1106378View attachment 1106379
Do you still have the light bar? I would interested in purchasing it depending on brand and output? The controller box can easily be put in the engine bay as this is what Slee is going to do for me so I can have a light bar. Will look super cool

image.jpeg

On Fins & Things, I bashed my bumper, ruined my running boards, pinstriped my passenger side, and mangled my mudflaps.

On Fins & Things, I bashed my bumper, ruined my running boards, pinstriped my passenger side, and mangled my mudflaps.

Sorry to hear that!

Last edited:
It's all good! She was with me the whole day! We shopped at the Slee booth on Vendor Night!!

Haha! How'd you know?

Pics or it didn't happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom