Post up what you pedal (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

File May 06, 12 57 45 PM.jpeg
Off road version...........

Here is a picture of my FJ40 and the couple of bikes I own. 1999 Schwinn Homegrown USA, 2011 Trek SuperFly 100 elite all components switched out to XT, and a Trek Madone with aerolus 5 carbon wheels

image.jpeg

Here is a picture of my FJ40 and the couple of bikes I own. 1999 Schwinn Homegrown USA, 2011 Trek SuperFly 100 elite all components switched out to XT, and a Trek Madone with aerolus 5 carbon wheels

View attachment 1255139
looks like some sweet xtr cranks on that superfly

Oh yeah, I forgot about that upgrade. Should've gone with 170 versus 175 they hit every rock on the trail...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that upgrade. Should've gone with 170 versus 175 they hit every rock on the trail...

honestly it just comes down to practice, I used to bang cranks all the time... not much anymore :)

xtr cranks are killer and will last you forever...i got mine second hand and they have lasted me 7 years...

Yeah, unless you're about 5' 2" or shorter, 175's are what you run.

Nice bikes.

if you run XTR they make a 172.5 length, but you dont see them often. I'm 5'6" and have been running 175's on my mtb forever

Chumba XCL full X.O, Stans Flow and Hadley wheelset:
DSC01228.JPG

DSC03001.jpg

Ti Litespeed Swanee full XTR, Mavic 717, Chris King wheelset:
web-1.jpg

Ti Lynskey Pro 29er SS Rigid, Stans ZTR Arch and Hadley wheelset:
DSC03985.JPG

Last edited:
I'm reposing mine now that I have put a little effort into color coordination and feel that it looks much more... Professional.

Before:
p5pb13357113.jpg

After:
File Jun 03, 20 27 24.jpeg

Specialized enduro comp 29'r. Just got my new raceface kashima bars and new stem on. Super fun rig.

Holy crap I forgot I started this thread 10 years ago! Here is my most recent ride. 1984 Fisher Mt. Tam:
17271622236_c5cae092b0_c.jpg

My Road ride:
8686767693_c2f8c3a71e_c.jpg

It is. It's the Scoop. It looks like it would be miserable but it's surprisingly comfortable

I've heard good things! good prices too

Yup I have two Charge Spoon Saddles (before Fabric split off) and they are phenomenal. I sat on some really stupidly expensive saddles and the $30 Spoon was leaps and bounds more comfortable.

This might be something more for an MTB dedicated forum, but for those of you who Mountain bike - any suggestions on how to make a chain last? I regularly wipe it down and lube it, but I seem to have pretty severe stretch after about 150mi on my Salsa El Mariachi...the bike starts having difficulty shifting, etc. I don't put in HUGE mileage but that's still a good 2 chain replacements a year. My understanding (or hope) is that they should last longer than that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom