Post up what you pedal (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trek has a new ride out for kids....the trek 240 Light weight kids geared MTB.

Hey, since all the pedalheads are assembled, what's a good, quality bike for children? I've bought my kids Treks and Schwinns, but are they ever heavy! Heavier than my road bike (old steel Fuji), mountain bike (Trek), and the wife's hybrid (Trek). Why are "quality" kid's bikes heavier than adult bikes?

Dang, the bikes keep getting nicer. Love the Calfee(all carbon correct?) Im liking all the old school mountain bikes too.:cheers:

Last edited:
Many bikes in the stable

2. Waltworks 29er

How are you liking the 29er thing. The guys on the 29er board talk about them like they are the holy grail. I have seriously contemplated dumping my Turner and trying a Waltworks or Soulcraft Holy Roller.

I have a Giant Trance 4 Frame that I built up with much better components.
Old Specialized carbon road bike with an all new Ultegra groupo.
My old school Scrambler still ready to go (the kid at the local bike shop borrowed it recently and took first in a race and that's why the seat is like that, must be some new cool thing to do, looks painful to me).
Bike1.jpg
Bike2.jpg
Scrambler01.jpg

My commuter, soon to put the studded Hakkas on it. Snowing tonight, but sloppy wet. This'll be my first winter on this new bike, I'm expecting it to do well in the cold. My Cannondale SuperV was great, I used to tow the kids through the snow on a sled.
Bike Colored.JPG

yo eddy; xtr custom stuff
palamino, xt, xtr mix
axiom, dura ace

I've had a few others that have passed though as well. I actually liked the klein adept more than I did the palamino but I still go back to the yo.:beer:
yo.jpg
klein.jpg
seven.jpg

Those are some sweet bikes! I was checking out some sevens today at the local bike shop. VERY nice, mmmmmm titanium:D They are having SEVEN demo days here soon, I might have to take one for a spin and just not return.

Favorite Hard Tail: Spot single speed for the mountains

Dually: Rocky Mountain Elemant TO

Cross: Bianchi Steel, '97

Road: Same, Bianchi

Favorite Hard Tail: Spot single speed for the mountains

Dually: Rocky Mountain Elemant TO

Cross: Bianchi Steel, '97

Road: Same, Bianchi

Spot's are cool. A guy on my team just got a titanium one. It only weighs 17lbs! Its the sweetest single speed mountian bike I have ever seen.

Mates of mine & their bikes

The picture of my $99 bike was too lame to post next to those in the preceeding posts ....... so giggle at these instead.
image006.jpg
image008.jpg
image009.jpg

some

some
bike1.jpg
bike2.jpg
bike3.jpg

ya ya, tires on backasswards.....

Does that help with those tires? I got rid of mine because of the extreme level of suckage... or actually put them on my girl's ride because she doesn't leave the pavement. I don't understand why Trek/Fisher put them OE on sooo many bikes. It could just be my riding style or conditions, but the front slides and the rear doesn't grab for me... and heaven forbid you have to get through some wet, they don't clear mud at all.

some more

some more
bike5.jpg
bike6.jpg
bike4.jpg

even more

even more
bike8.jpg
bike9.jpg
bike7.jpg

yo eddy; xtr custom stuff
palamino, xt, xtr mix
axiom, dura ace

I've had a few others that have passed though as well. I actually liked the klein adept more than I did the palamino but I still go back to the yo.:beer:

Are you 6'9" ? The last time I saw a head tube that long, the guy was 7'1". He had a long torso though :D

P7180015.jpg

Thats him next to my 4'11" wife.

Does that help with those tires? I got rid of mine because of the extreme level of suckage... or actually put them on my girl's ride because she doesn't leave the pavement. I don't understand why Trek/Fisher put them OE on sooo many bikes. It could just be my riding style or conditions, but the front slides and the rear doesn't grab for me... and heaven forbid you have to get through some wet, they don't clear mud at all.

Tell me about it! The Bontrager tires that came on my Big Sur SUCKED. Coming around a few highspeed turns got to be a scary ordeal. I have since switched tires and they handle much much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom