Post oct 99 7x series wiring diagram Info needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy

A mate is going to put one of the little adj speedo elec box things in my 79 series ute to correct the speedo to suit my taller tyres ,
he said it would make I easier if I could find out which wire or colour gos to the speedo pulse thing, if not he will just slowly go through them to find it , he did it to a mates late 80 series and it worked a treat but the 7x series will be completly different Colours /wires presume.

As the 80 series has elec speedo but manual odo , in my 79 series it has elec speedo and elec odo with the new box will the odo run true / with the New set speedo

cheers

Here is the Combination Meter pages from the Electrical Wiring Diagram Supplement for the FZJ7_ and HZJ7_ from Aug., 1999 onwards.

This supplement covers changes made from the manual for the previous 70 series models.

ELECTRICALWIRINGDIAGRAMSupplementFZ.jpg

ELECTRICALWIRINGDIAGRAMSupplemen-1.jpg

It is not really clear to me exactly where the speedo gets it's signal from, possibly S22 SPEED SENSOR (Combination Meter), but I am not sure.

Thanks a swag load for the info mate , when I get the new little box in I'll post up the info and pics , yiu run taller tyres on the troopy ay how far out is your speedo roughly

No problem Clint, hope it helps, please do let us know how you get on, it will help when I need to do the same later on.

I am running Mickey Thompson MTZ in 305/70R16, which are 841mm (33.11 inch) outside diameter.

The standard 78 series Troopy tyres are 7.50R16, which are 812mm (31.97 inch) outside diameter.

So not a large increase over standard, I think from memory that 110kph on a GPS equals approx 100kph on the speedo.

Yea will post for sure mate
I think the box thing is around $50

with STD tyres on a cruiser will the Toyota speedo or gps be more accurate? As they allways seeem to be a few k's out

GPS is usually going to be more acurate, unless the speedo is spot on to begin with, but it really depends on how it is calibrated, exact tyre sizes/wear, etc.

The calibration for the speedo in the repair manuals seems to be +/- 10%, so at 100kph on the speedo you could actually be doing anything between 90kph and 110kph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom