Post a pic of your rig... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Never realized there was such a large LC contingency in Louisiana.

Sweet 60 :D , we're gathering all the cruiser and Toyota 4X4 nuts we can. Seemed like a good idea and from our response there was a definite need. Welcome :cheers: Jason is from your neck of the woods and makes all the meetings I'm sure he'd welcome you to ride over here with him to say hello or vise versa. He's our BR agent :cool:

Here's a pic of my last FJ40 from the 2006 Lonestar Roundup at Katemcy Rocks.
FJ40 River Crossing - Katemcy.jpg

Another clean looking rig, great picture. Your pictures always look like they could be in magazines. Either its the eye of the camera man/women or the rig making the pictures look so great. :D

Dude,

You've had more beautiful looking rigs than I've had ugly ones..
Anything modded on that rig?? Lockers etc...?

very nice.

...and I want to go next year...

me

First off, I can unequivocally say that the rig and the setting made the picture. Since I took the picture, I doubt the "eye of the cameraman" had much to do with it. :) That vehicle was tight. Unlike Theriot, I have never had a problem buying something sight unseen. That yellow one was bought on ebay from Columbus, OH. It was delivered to Gretna and when I went to pick it up, it was the first time I saw it in person. The only issue with it was some rusty areas that I didn't have the time or inclination to deal with. I sold it to a Doctor in New Orleans last year. He is doing a total frame resto on it. There were no major mods to the vehicle. I put in a tuffy center console and it came with a brand new Old Man Emu 2.5" suspension with a new Old Man Emu steering stabilizer. The 31x10.50 Wranglers had never even been rolled. I really hated seeing it go, but I was on a mission to purchase my current rig. I think my current vehicle is the last upgrade for me. If I ever sell this one, it will be to go with something less asthetically pleasing so I won't have any reservations about putting it to the test in any situation.

.... If I ever sell this one, it will be to go with something less asthetically pleasing so I won't have any reservations about putting it to the test in any situation.

Therein lies the reason for having "The Red Truck"

:D

Oh! and since Larry and I have never posted a pic of our other rig "Red Truck"... or "The Beast" ..here ya go....

DSC01138.jpg

I love the beast. Although I am not sure about the wording under the passenger side vent.

As for Katemcy, it was great. The entire area around it was great as well. The rocks were huge and it was lot of fun to see guys like Christo Slee, Nolan Grogen, Kowboy and many others put their rigs to the test. I would definitely go back there again. The picture of my yellow FJ40 was actually taken on the San Saba river which ran through the ranch property where we stayed. I crossed that thing manyt times - day & night. Really, you could just enjoy yourself riding top-down all over the countryside. Plenty of good two lane roads with virtually no traffic and lots of nice hills. Heck, just thinking about it makes me want to go back now!

Make no mistake, that sign says "Jeeps" w/ a red circle and a line through it ;)

Glad to hear you say that about Katemcy b/c I wouldn't mind ridin around... if I broke something fine... however, I don't want a guarantee break...lol. Many say that you don't come back w/o something broken there.

Thanks
me

Hey, welcome! Good place for post #1.

Nice rig...would like to see it in person.

:beer:

Scott

Hopefully soon, I just joined TLCA and trying to pay my dues for BSLCA

No worries on that bud, good talking to you and we'll see you Sunday. :)

Sweet! Both of them.

Nice meetin you guys today and glad you could come.

Scott

Nice, a white 40. :) Good having you and your Dad today Cole, I enjoyed talking with you. Glad you were able to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom