Possible to replace 2UZ-FE with 3UR-FE in 1999 LC100? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Probably because they have the same horsepower as tire diameter ;)

The LS V8s are as reliable and more efficient and powerful than the toyota v8s. :flipoff2: The harnesses and ECU and self contained an easily modified to work with any chassis. $400 gets the harness stripped and the ECU programmed then adapt the factory yota sensors to the LS motor. I like my LC, but the 230 hp is sluggish compared to the 300- 400 hp LS motors I've had. :rolleyes:

HP is for cars, TQ is for trucks.

The 4.7 has 320ft/lbs. I find it to be plenty adequate for my needs. Toyota truck/cruiser engines have almost always had more torque than HP because torque is whats important.

Adequate is the proper word and we all know hp is merely a measure of torque. The OP was looking for more power and I was just throwing out another option. LS power is easy and cheap, relatively speaking

I think tweaking the 4.7L is the best possible avenue for more power while keeping mostly the same driving characteristics. I haven't seen one of the 4.7L opened up yet but I'd wager theres a little porting and polishing that can add ponies. Changing to a very mild cam would make a difference two. With motors over 150k it might not be a bad idea to open up the heads and replace gaskets and the like at the same time.

The only question I have is ... is there enough power that can be untapped ... say 50-100hp with these considerations. We've already seen that a decent header yielded a >20hp increase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom