Possible to replace 2UZ-FE with 3UR-FE in 1999 LC100?

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by HiFiGuy, Mar 25, 2012.

1. HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

The title pretty much says it all. :) I have a 1999 LC100 with 255k miles, and am looking at options for more power.
  2. 04UZJ100

04UZJ100

Anything is possible with $$
  3. zooyork263

zooyork263

probably tough to do that but im not sure. what about a trd supercharger and a k&n?
  4. 2000UZJ

2000UZJ Where's My Hammer?

LS9 from a ZR1 :D
  5. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

For the money you'd spend sourcing the 5.7 and adapting it into the 100 you could rebuild the 4.7 a couple times over.
  6. lexi4darin

lexi4darin

Without the height/width specs, who knows. The motor could have a deck too high or block too wide, etc. And also, now you needs to deal with the trans/xfer case. ECU? Yikes $$$.

$10k budget for parts? Plus the same to get the custom work done?
  7. arbetrader

arbetrader

Custom Headers/TRD Supercharger and you'll be very close to the power of the 5.7 - The cost will be much less too
  8. beno

beno 33030-60450 Moderator Supporting Vendor

Rebuild the 2UZ.

It will only cost about $9k in parts.

:meh:

A 5.7 would cost way more than that...by a factor of 3 to 4.
  9. Layonnn

Layonnn

To rebuild the 2UZ cost 9K in parts?!?!
  10. 04UZJ100

04UZJ100

How much does a shiny new one & 6 speed cost from Japan?
  11. lexi4darin

lexi4darin

By "build one" I'm sure he meant rebuild one from the ground up with performance parts. If you weren't doing it yourself, that's a pretty good number. If you did it yourself, it would be less but performance pistons, rods, heads, etc all cost in pretty substantial $$$. I don't know if $9k will get the motor stroked but that's another avenue as well.

I wonder how much extra HP porting, polishing, port-matching would generate for the 4.7L? If you did mild ports/polishes to all the manifolds and heads, I bet there's some extra power to be discovered. And new heads or valve train would cost about $1500-2500, that could also squeeze out more.

12. FullyLitLED

FullyLitLED

Is this what you mean?

Lexus-Toyota 1UZFE, 2uzfe 3uzfe performance short block, Long Block

Is that stage I really going to let the 2uz put out that much power?! For 3-4k that is cheaper than getting an sc
  13. lexi4darin

lexi4darin

Sorta...

that's the method of going about the project. However, I don't think LexTreme is saying that new pistons = 500hp. More along the lines of his newly rebuilt block would then be capable of handling up to 500 hp. You'd still have the 230-240hp motor but built to handle more. Then you'd need new heads, intake, SC, turbo, NOS or something to up the actual power.

But there's also a lot of hidden cost in pulling a motor out of the vehicle.
  14. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

15. bamabrock

bamabrock

Why not swap in a GM Gen3 motor/transmission and adapt the 100 series transfer case? Plentiful, cheap, and bulletproof. Advance Adapters makes the kits for the 80 series.

I'm in the process of installing a 5.3 in a Jeep YJ wrangler and I picked the motor with all accessories, wiring harness and ECU for $500. I'll have about $3-4k when I finish.
  16. lexi4darin

lexi4darin

Did you mention GM on a Toy/Lex enthusiast forum?

:ban:
  17. beno

Then it ceases to be a Toyota. That's the long and short of it. But I am biased afterall.
  18. Clarified...

But the 40 guys do this stuff all the time?
  19. beno

No comment.
    Delancy likes this.
  20. bamabrock

bamabrock

The LS V8s are as reliable and more efficient and powerful than the toyota v8s. :flipoff2: The harnesses and ECU and self contained an easily modified to work with any chassis. $400 gets the harness stripped and the ECU programmed then adapt the factory yota sensors to the LS motor. I like my LC, but the 230 hp is sluggish compared to the 300- 400 hp LS motors I've had. :rolleyes: