Possible Group Buy for Retro Emblems (1 Viewer)

Do you want a Super-Sweet Retro 40 Badge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those of you who put in an order for the new 4 wheel drive badge and used my coupon then you got one hell of a deal. Just realized it was giving $15 off each badge and not 15%. I took a loss on those but hopefuly you guys will pay me back with good pictures for my website. The promo/coupon code "TEQ15" is now working properly.

ok, so confused, will the oval metal ones listed here pop in place of the oval stock toyota sombrero on my 96 fzj80? I am fine with attaching it with 3m tape, just wondering if the dimensions are the same and it will fit in the little recesses area on the grill once the sombrero is removed?

Aluminum TEQ Universal Badge (Round and Oval) | BH3D Printing

For those of you who put in an order for the new 4 wheel drive badge and used my coupon then you got one hell of a deal. Just realized it was giving $15 off each badge and not 15%. I took a loss on those but hopefuly you guys will pay me back with good pictures for my website. The promo/coupon code "TEQ15" is now working properly.

I would hope people realize that is a mistake and make you whole, that is only honest.

ok, so confused, will the oval metal ones listed here pop in place of the oval stock toyota sombrero on my 96 fzj80? I am fine with attaching it with 3m tape, just wondering if the dimensions are the same and it will fit in the little recesses area on the grill once the sombrero is removed?

Aluminum TEQ Universal Badge (Round and Oval) | BH3D Printing
The universal badge is not a grill badge. My grill badges are slightly different shape and have threaded holes for the 3 factory gril holes. There have been guys that have just stuck the universal badge onto the grill and it worked fine but I can't guarantee it sticking without any hardware. Is also about 1/8 inch wider than the sombrero. I will be releasing the TEQ grill badge in October. I just can't release everything at the same time or I will drown in orders.

Ordered my 4 Wheel Drive. Gonna try the cream. Thanks Brad!

which badge replaces the toyota badge on the tailgate?

I got $15 off of $102 when I ordered a few hours ago, so it seemed to come out right for what it's worth. Will gladly post up pics.

which badge replaces the toyota badge on the tailgate?
That depends on where you put it. My universal badge WILL mount to any flat spot on the tailgate. I just installed one on my 100 series tail gate about an hour ago. The upper hatch is all curved. I do make a rear "hatch" TEQ badge for that location. TEQ emblem rear hatch 91-97 Landcruiser/LX450 | BH3D Printing
It's currently being made out of plastic cand will probably be converted to aluminum in November. My October list has already been submitted to the machine shop.

Ordered! Can't wait to get it on my 80!

The universal badge is not a grill badge. My grill badges are slightly different shape and have threaded holes for the 3 factory gril holes. There have been guys that have just stuck the universal badge onto the grill and it worked fine but I can't guarantee it sticking without any hardware. Is also about 1/8 inch wider than the sombrero. I will be releasing the TEQ grill badge in October. I just can't release everything at the same time or I will drown in orders.

gotcha, cool and thank you!

Ordered 3 badges saves $15 and free shipping. You cant beat that.

Just ordereded my cream one i think will be the first in the Netherlands, now remove all the normal badges repaint the rear and wait for the toyota badge:clap:

Ordered mine.

Sorry if any of you tried to order late last night. My website read "sold out" for a while. I did order a 2nd batch which I already have in my hands. I restocked my site this morning. I also just ordered a 3rd larger batch this morning. I will do my best to keep these in stock. The first huge wave of orders shipped yesterday and the rest will ship out today.
Guys; please don't forget that I REALLY need pics of these installed so I can get my website set up with better images. You can post them here or email them to me.

Got mine in the mail today. It's SWEET looking! One question though. I really want to put it on the upper hatch where the sombrero used to be (just two holes there right now begging to be covered. My question is- any chance of me being able to bend this slightly to match the curve a little? Not looking for perfect, just close. Or will I end up just breaking it? Any thoughts?

Got mine in the mail today. It's SWEET looking! One question though. I really want to put it on the upper hatch where the sombrero used to be (just two holes there right now begging to be covered. My question is- any chance of me being able to bend this slightly to match the curve a little? Not looking for perfect, just close. Or will I end up just breaking it? Any thoughts?
These weren't really designed to go on a curved surface and I don't have much experience bending aluminum. I know most metal can bend but not sure what tool could bend something that small and with different wall thicknesses. If you want something to cover the factory sombrero on the rear hatch; I do make a TEQ badge for that exact spot. I will also be releasing it in aluminum in November or December.

Last edited:
Alright guys I have now shipped out almost 50 of these 4 wheel drive badges. Let's see some pictures of them installed. I need to get my website updated.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443304838.736683.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443304854.726134.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom