Possible Group Buy for Retro Emblems (1 Viewer)

Do you want a Super-Sweet Retro 40 Badge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grimmjow

YūGEN
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
My Fellow Gents and Distinguished Ruffians,

I have been talking with @bhicks about spinning up some retro emblems typically found on the fj40's. I know they can be found on ebay, but have not been able to find any of the "TOYOTA" ones without the bend that could fit somewhere on the 80 series tailgate.

I realize too that some places sell them as a decal or sticker, but I wanted an actual raised emblem to make it look like it originally belonged wherever it is placed.

Brad has made some amazing looking badges, and probably the best cup-holders you can find for your 80 (Check them out at his website: http://www.bh3dprinting.com/). If there is enough appeal in either of these badges we may be able to persuade him to spin up a batch, so hit that reply button if interested! Pics below of the emblems I am referring to:

510wYSV2TwL._SX466_.jpg

1009_4wd_06%2B1976_toyota_land_cruiser_fj40%2Bfactory_emblems.jpg

This was a pic of my previous 80 where I added the sticker badges:

E9bbIzz.jpg

Hmm... Interesting... I think I'd have to see a mock-up to declare interest.

I like both. I hope this happens...

I stole this from @SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr, which gives a good idea. I'd be interested in one with the recessed area grey rather than tan.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430511375.445300.jpg

If we can get at least 5 guys that want the "TOYOTA" badge or 5 that want the 4 wheel drive badge then I could probably do them in the $25-35 range. I will have to do a little more research on the size of the object and the thickness it needs to be. that will clue me in to how long the print will be and how much material I will use. I can then get a more exact cost.

If you did $25-$30 range that would beat out anything I have come across so far! Lets do this people!

potentially interested, I have the stickers but the tailgate needs to be repainted one year.

It would need to have a nice smooth finish for me to be interested compared to some of the 3D printed stuff I've seen / handled that's a bit rough.

You can still buy the original badges... not stickers, the real deal. I have one waiting for me to get around to repainting.

This is pretty cool. If I didn't already have the decals below the clear coat I would be interested. I originally wanted to do the badges and even tried melting the TOYOTA one flat in the oven...it didn't work too well

Get me on board, love the retro badges! My 80 is Forrest green so as neutral as possible. The gray idea sounds good, or the original tan color as well. But yes, def down to get a set!

You can still buy the original badges... not stickers, the real deal. I have one waiting for me to get around to repainting.

Yeah, but the originals have a bend that I was hoping to eliminate.

You think he could do something cool and retro with the land cruiser badge the goes in the middle?

So it looks like there is enough interest for me to start looking into this. I will first need to get some rough overall dimension of these badges. Anyone with the decal of the "TOYOTA" badge willing to give me an overall height and width of it? How about the 4 wheel drive badge. Height and width would give me a good start on this. I'm not sure when I will get a chance to make these. As a teacher, I'm trying to wrap up my school year. In 4.5 weeks I am off for 10 weeks. I will definitely have the time then (if i don't before then) to get a batch of these made up. While I'm working on this, you guys let me know what color combo seems the most appealing. I can print the foregrounda and background in different colors. I keep black, white, silver, gold, yellow, red, green, and gray in stock. I can also get about any color under the rainbow if there is something you buys badly want.

Interested!

Great idea! I'm interested! Here's some dimensions:
4.5" wide x 2.875" height
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430668506.456011.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430668516.994530.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom