Possible Gas Shortage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David70FJ40

Older Than Most
Threads
Heard rumors this morning about a problem with the Colonial Gas Pipeline. Just received this from a fleet manager from a large local company. Might be something to this, may not be anything to worry about. Just thought I would pass it along.

Last Friday, September 9, a leak was found on the Colonial Pipeline’s gas line near Helena, AL, halting the flow of gasoline from the Gulf Coast to the Southeast. Colonial Pipeline’s main gasoline line continues to be down, impacting supply from Mississippi to Maryland. Colonial began shipping gas along the diesel line today, which only provided minimum relief. The main gas line is not expected to begin pumping until this weekend at the earliest. Currently, unbranded gas supply is very limited along the pipeline. Supply also anticipates diesel to become challenging beginning this weekend/early next week.

Word from my friend that works for Colonial is the problem is no problem.

really? I'll top off tonight - just in case.

He did send me a second text to say "might want to fill up just in case" ....... :steer:

Just want to stay on the safe side just in case..... I remember the gas shortages in the '70s, what a bitch that was.

I was a kid in youth group during the gas shortages. Lines up the highway all the time in our town.
SO when the youth group had a Hoagie Drive as a fund raiser all the kids went door to door hawking hoagies and getting orders, bunch of saps :)

I sold exactly 3 pre orders, Mom, Grandmother, Sister. The youth group leaders were unhappy with my lack of effort. I got 25 of the for sale that day group and conned one leader into a ride right up to the highway to the gas station. Sold them all in a flash, went back got more and to the super market for a couple cases of Coke, threw them in our cooler. Brought little red wagon with cooler and picked up in the line where I left off. Sold over 100, they ran out.

Sounds like something you might do Stan.

I'm buying a second LC this weekend... terrific timing lmfao

No signs of shortages here at this point

So, which companies use Colonial to get gas into NC? are they the off brands, name brands, etc? Might be nice to know which brands may be impacted.

So, which companies use Colonial to get gas into NC? are they the off brands, name brands, etc? Might be nice to know which brands may be impacted.

According to neighbor, almost everyone. Gas in the line is not "branded" at all until it hits the destination and final additives are put in.

Thanks, Rice. I figured that was the case, but it never hurts to ask

WFMY finally had a report yesterday online.

Sheetz on S. Main in High Point has stopped pumping gas. Kelly's on Eastchester has raised their price 20 cents per gallon. Some of the other stations have started to raise their prices also. A 250k gallon spill is just the ticket to raise gas prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom