Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really sweet Jason. Everything!

Thanks Tom!

I hope we can meet up again before we leave! I'm in overload mode right now. Andrea has pretty much all the non-essentials packed up and waiting on me of course. My buddy will be here late next week to take all my metal stock, benches, welding tables, ~150 cans and containers of misc sprays/paints/etc. I don't want to move. I'll just buy new and build new when the time comes.

Countdown on Poppy's to-do list is narrowing rapidly.

I'm heading to Minnesota to see the family at my sisters and then a trip back to Spokane to meet with realtors, commercial brokers and my laser company.

I may give this last round of new items to my cutter here in SLC. They have a better lead time (2-3 weeks vs. 8-10 in Spokane) I have the tailgate storage panels and steering skids for the 60, 80 and 100 series waiting on me to release for production.

Hope all is well with you and Jenna. Andrea says hello.

Jason

Any pics J?

F, I just have the SW drawings. I will release them once they go into production.

What steering wheel is that and where can I get one

C, I have (to my knowledge) the last brown and 2 grey ME spec wheels. They are for my personal builds/stock though.

Jason

A little more done today.

Compression test (I'm at 6200' elevation so multiply by 1.1736 for true compression #s) Good for me!!!!
#1 --- 128
#2 --- 120
#3 --- 122
#4 --- 120
#5 --- 115
#6 --- 122

changed plugs and wires
cap and rotor
oil galley plug
adjusted valves (all were out of spec, I think its BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE THIS WAS DONE ON THIS ENGINE)
rear liftgate shocks
cleaned and painted valve cover w/ new gasket (RED OF COURSE!)
painted the B-pillars
painted the console

I've been given until Tuesday to finish up... So, I'll button up everything tomorrow on the engine and get the carpet, seats and misc installed.

J

SAM_2243.JPG
SAM_2245.JPG
SAM_2247.JPG
SAM_2250.JPG
SAM_2252.JPG

Looking good Jason!

Thanks Tom!

I hope we can meet up again before we leave! I'm in overload mode right now. Andrea has pretty much all the non-essentials packed up and waiting on me of course. My buddy will be here late next week to take all my metal stock, benches, welding tables, ~150 cans and containers of misc sprays/paints/etc. I don't want to move. I'll just buy new and build new when the time comes.

Countdown on Poppy's to-do list is narrowing rapidly.

I'm heading to Minnesota to see the family at my sisters and then a trip back to Spokane to meet with realtors, commercial brokers and my laser company.

I may give this last round of new items to my cutter here in SLC. They have a better lead time (2-3 weeks vs. 8-10 in Spokane) I have the tailgate storage panels and steering skids for the 60, 80 and 100 series waiting on me to release for production.

Hope all is well with you and Jenna. Andrea says hello.

Jason
Maybe I could blast over in the 60 before you split. I know I will be coming over August 13 the Sweetwater Blues and Brews. Let me know you schedule, I could come over most any day really.

Maybe I could blast over in the 60 before you split. I know I will be coming over August 13 the Sweetwater Blues and Brews. Let me know you schedule, I could come over most any day really.

Tom,

I will be in Spokane and Minneapolis the 4th-14th of August.

Jason

Poppy is all done for now. I played with the wheel well covers. They work for the 60 series, but need to make a ear cover. I plan on swapping to the rear shoulder belts at some point.

Last item is the fender apron covers/seals once they get back from the gasket shop.

J

SAM_2329.JPG
SAM_2334.JPG
SAM_2342.JPG
SAM_2335.JPG
SAM_2336.JPG

Wow Jason, your truck is sweet. I love me that new interior. It must smell nice. My truck smells like sheep inside...

Looking good dude! Think I am going to have to add some of those B-pillar covers to my ever growing list of "Stuff Jason Sells" as mine are pretty cracked and nasty. But will probably wait until I can actually DRIVE again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom