Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah for sure Jason,
things have been slow progress on Dusty lately. Little parts trickling in its a thrill once parts arrive then i install and that thrill is over!
I still cant get that darn oil pan removed yet! i gave up on it.
PM me a price with shipping for that stuff and that will give me an idea how much to put away next few checks.
Thanks and poppy is looking good.

C,

Let me know, I can send you a knuckle kit before I pack everything up.

J
Thanks, I actually have a knuckle kit I purchased from Georg an embarrassingly long time ago, although I might hit you up for wheel bearings if mine don't look so hot. I haven't done a knuckle rebuild in over 10 years so this should be a nice refresher. hahaha

Thanks, I actually have a knuckle kit I purchased from Georg an embarrassingly long time ago, although I might hit you up for wheel bearings if mine don't look so hot. I haven't done a knuckle rebuild in over 10 years so this should be a nice refresher. hahaha

First time for Poppy... BIRF-SOUP DELUXE.............

J

Busy morning.

Finished up the wheel cylinders and adjusted the rear drums. I'll finish bleeding everything and do a final readjust this weekend.

Front and rear pinion seals replaced
Rear T/C output seal replaced
Repaired carb fan wire
Vac hoses replaced
TOYO U-joints installed
Topped off diff, trans and T/C fluids

J

SAM_2128.JPG
SAM_2136.JPG
SAM_1831.JPG
SAM_1593.JPG
SAM_1598.JPG

AND............

Before and after of the engine bay. Lots of elbow grease and patience. Found many cracked vac hoses, dizzy hose wasn't connected, one spark plug wire was bad.

Need to fine tune a few more items under the hood, but getting closer.

J

p1030657-jpg.1151940

SAM_2130.JPG

SAM_2135.JPG

SAM_2131.JPG

Holy crap, you really cleaned that well! :clap:
Have any tips, cleaning products you like?

Holy crap, you really cleaned that well! :clap:
Have any tips, cleaning products you like?

Misc detail brushes, brass scrub brushes, dish brushes... I sprayed everything with Purple Power for a few days and let it do it job and then wiped and scrubbed everything I could get to. Then a 3M citrus based spray let it sit overnight and wiped it all down again.

Overall about a 5 day process.

J

I replaced all the flex brake lines with braided stainless. Andrea was willing to spend a couple hours in the shop with me this morning flushing, adjusting and bleeding the lines.

All the old fluid was flushed from the system. Used 1- 32oz and part of another 32oz bottle to completely flush and refill and top off the system. Brakes are darn nice now...I think I can stop on a dime and give you 9 cents change back now!

Bleeding the brakes with two people is so much easier. Those cheap hand vac pumps, etc.. are a waste of money.

J

Got my Wits'End (APU-3 for the pre-86.5) organizer for the console this week. This is a quick little project and a 1/4:banana: job at most.

Thanks Joey @NLXTACY for another organizer for my rigs. Great products!

Console will be installed this week along with the carpet kit and hopefully new door panel cards and speakers.

Jason

IMG_20160716_115215_424.jpg
IMG_20160716_120518_675.jpg
IMG_20160716_120528_510.jpg
IMG_20160716_120554_866.jpg
IMG_20160716_120618_759.jpg

J - you are a man that never stops moving! Truck looks great, man. . .

Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom