Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered rear brake parts for Poppy. I was being a little cheap (thrifty).... I must say I was pleasantly surprised that RockAuto gave me Toyota drums...

THANKS @RockAuto

Jason

SAM_1405.JPG

SAM_1404.JPG

SAM_1391.JPG

J, Is there any way to check before what they would ship? what other drum could come across - I'm going to need to do my brakes sooner or later.

J, Is there any way to check before what they would ship? what other drum could come across - I'm going to need to do my brakes sooner or later.

K, I ordered Centric brand drums. I used them on Goss and Marley and they were great. But, this is just a gift from the cruiser gods..

J

Drums.png

All my product threads have been moved to the VENDOR FORUM THREADS:

Trail Tailor

Some are wondering where we are moving (I will announce this soon, about 3 more weeks) and what will become of Trail Tailor.

I have been a 60 guy for a majority of my cruiser addicted life. This is where my passions lie and where I will continue to commit most of my efforts. Focus will mainly stay on this series for bumpers, racks, sliders, skid plates and stocking aftermarket and maintenance parts. If a stocked 60 part happens to trickle over to another series, fine, but not my goal.

I miss building custom 60 cruisers and I will get back to doing this as well. Goal is 1-2 per year that will be for sale. One of which will come very soon (160- MODDED). I also plan to acquire as much used 60 cruiser inventory as possible (well as much as Andrea will allow ;)).

Trail Tailor was growing at a rate I almost couldn't keep up with and that was unacceptable to me. Some may think this is great and the sign of a successful business, and it is... but, I don't want employees or want to deal with the headaches they bring. Plus, when you add employees it cost the customers more money in the long run. I want to stay specialized in limited areas. So, the reigns are being pulled back. I like to know each one of my customers.

Current plans are to get moved. Find a place temporarily (house and shop), buy property and build our new home and shop.

Products that will be offered/stocked for 60 series (these will come in the next few months):

· Bumpers, sliders and skidplates
· Racks and gutter mounts
· Misc frame repair items
· Rust repair panels
· Carpet and vinyl kits (other series can be ordered when placing a stocking order)
· B-pillar covers (mild steel and stainless)
· New Suspension Mfg (lift kits and components, TBA)
· Shackle kits (stock and extended lengths)
· Door cards and full replacement panels (Fiberboard, ABS and aluminum)
· Antenna mounts
· Harrop E-Lockers
· ComeUp Winches
· Door weatherstripping kits
· Lockstrip kits
· Misc Toyota domestic/overseas items (these will be sold upon availability)
· Knuckle rebuild kits with wheel bearings (Koyo ONLY)
· TOYO U-joints - JAPAN
· LED bulbs and kits
· Aisin Hubs
· Toyota clone centering tool

PRODUCTS FOR OTHER CRUISERS AND MODELS:

· Racks and gutter mounts(available for order at anytime-40, 60, 70, 80 and 100)
· Bumpers and sliders as time allows
· Antenna mounts
· Carpet and Vinyl kits (when placing a stocking order only)
· Suspension kits (when placing a stocking order only)

New products to come:

· 60 tube bumpers (F & R)
· Custom trailers ( parts to full turnkey)
· Roof Top Tents 1-4 persons (larger upon request) TRAIL TAILOR
· Hard shell tents 1-2 persons TRAIL TAILOR
· Foxwing awnings TRAIL TAILOR
· Standard awnings TRAIL TAILOR
· Mesh and changing rooms TRAIL TAILOR
· Annexes TRAIL TAILOR
· 100 bumpers
· 200 bumpers
· 200 sliders
· 200 racks
· Storage and sleep platforms (working with a custom cabinet maker one these)
· FJ40 - New front and rear bumper design
· FJ40 - OE style front bumper mounts
· FJ55 - OE style front bumper extension mounts
· FJ55 - Front and rear bumpers
· FJ55 - Firewall insulating mat

Thank all of you for your continued support.

J

Damn, that is a lot of stuff for a two person business. Congrats.

I'm anxious to see the door panels! anyway you can make Wagongears' underseat storage box :) ?? he is too busy to make them anymore...

No, I never liked those. Panels are bare door cards for the most part, but will cover for an additional price.

Damn, that is a lot of stuff for a two person business. Congrats.

Not really, a majority of the items, other than the armor, is pre-packaged. Pull it, print a label and set it out for pick up... All about time management. I still only plan to work 6-8 hours a day 5 days a week.

What about a summer camp where we can all go and learn to be an awesome fabricator? Haha

I have already contacted the local high school and offered to donate any spare time to assist in student team training.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom